cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

jjjjy7
I Plan to Stick Around

I currently have Digital VIP cable (I was grandfathered), CRAVE, Hollywood Suite, all the time shifting channels and Internet 150u with mesh network.  I am paying $150 per month.  My contract ends very soon and despite my best efforts, I can't get anywhere near that price for a new contract and would have to shift to the Premier package as they won't allow me to continue with VIP.  Rogers is offering me free installation for ignite and 1g internet for about the same price I would be paying if I stayed with Digital cable.  My question:  given the troubles that so many are having with Ignite, should I make the switch?

*** Added Labels *** 

279 REPLIES 279

Re: Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Square
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You don't want to hear the date they gave me, lol  They at least gave me 4 months @half price, only after I cancelled, shared my concern and talked to an advisor from the Office of the President, lol  Now I have issues with my Episodes, which nobody has complained about, just like the DD problem, I seem to be the only one with all these problems(according to tech support)  The roller coaster ride begins again, lol

HonestOriginal
I've Been Around
I loved the ignite cable.

It has everything
Honestly satisfied with it and can't wait to get it again already have the amazing ignite gigabit internet

@HonestOriginal 

Glad you are enjoying Ignite TV! It has a few quirks but I'm also impressed with it and wouldn't go back to Digital TV/Nextbox. 

Square
I'm a Reliable Contributor

It DOES NOT have everything, NO DD 5.1 surround on cloud recordings!

@HonestOriginal wrote:  I loved the ignite cable....  It has everything...

I guess it depends where you're coming from when you say it does "everything". There are certain features that Rogers Digital Cable does that Ignite does not.  Some of these features are missed by some people.  Some are not.  Here's a link to that discussion.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-do-you-like-Ignite-TV-compared-to-Digital-Cable/...

One item I forgot to include in that post is the lack of a clock on the Ignite box, which some people miss and need to find a workaround or alternative.  I know I also often look at my Digital Cable box for the time, so I would also need to find an alternative.

dfwm
I've Been Here Awhile

The dreaded end of promo is here, and I have to gather up my strength to call Rogers, and find out what they can offer for home phone, cable and internet (I'm on digital).  Will they force me to switch to ignite?  I definitely want to stay with digital.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dfwm : Rogers will not force you to IgniteTV, however, there may be a financial incentive relative to Legacy Digital Cable.

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had Ignite tv for almost 2 years now and love it. You will not be forced to move over to ignite but you will most likely not get a discount on the digital package and end up paying more. Ignite tv packages for cable, Internet and home phone start at 124.99+tx and go up from there depending on the internet speed and cable channels you choose. Why not take a look at the website and see what your favourite channels and internet speed will cost you? Why pay more if you don't have too

Greetings @dfwm

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Congratulations are in order as it's your very first post! 🙌 I hope you're staying safe and sound. 😊 I've actually had my Ignite TV bundle for eons now and it's been fantastic!

It's a completely different experience from our legacy digital cable packages as it's a wireless-based service. Every bundle comes inclusive with an Ignite-Voice Activated Remote, Ignite Cloud PVR, one Set Top Box, and an Ignite Home Phone which is optional. With that being said, if you are still not sold on the idea of Ignite TV, we can definitely review your current services with us to see what we can do! 👍

If you can kindly send us a message at @CommunityHelps we'd be more than happy to have a look into this for you. In the event that you're unfamiliar with our private messaging system, feel free to Click Here.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

RogersJo

dfwm
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dfwm wrote:

The dreaded end of promo is here, and I have to gather up my strength to call Rogers, and find out what they can offer for home phone, cable and internet (I'm on digital).  Will they force me to switch to ignite?  I definitely want to stay with digital.

I am also a former Rogers Digital TV customer (and former Bell Fibe TV customer) and my experience with Ignite TV has been VERY positive since I switched back in spring, 2019.

@RogersJo 's comments were spot on.  Ignite TV provides a very different experience, and it has many nice features that are not present on the legacy platform.

I haven't been to a Rogers store since the COVID-19 outbreak.  Hopefully they still have an Ignite TV display where you can try the service out for yourself to see how you like it.

dfwm
I've Been Here Awhile

Our internet connection in our specific area is awful, always has been, for decades, and I'm not ready to switch to ignite right now.  Thank you @-G-    I'm glad to hear you love it, and it's working out for you!

dfwm
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @RogersJo 

Is Rogers Ignite tv and internet worth it?

If so can you use an older tv model?

@gregorysykes00 : Looks like your post may have been moved to this existing thread - read earlier posts.  Have a look at the following thread comparing Digital Cable with IgniteTV.  I'm assuming you currently have Rogers Digital Cable.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-do-you-like-Ignite-TV-compared-to-Digital-Cable/...

As for an older TV, if it has an HDMI input, you should be fine once the Rogers TV box is properly set up.  If the TV doesn't have HDMI, then you would need an adaptor since Ignite TV box only has HDMI out.

If you are currently having any issues with Rogers Internet, get those fixed before switching since IgniteTV is sensitive to internet issues since it's IPTV.  

Also, IgniteTV is currently on Self-install during COVID-19.  If you're not comfortable setting things up yourself, you may wish to wait.

mauricioayala
I've Been Around

Don't waste your time and money with ignite. It has been nothing but a nightmare. 

@mauricioayala wrote:

Don't waste your time and money with ignite. It has been nothing but a nightmare. 

If Ignite TV was not installed correctly, if you have problems with your Rogers Internet connection or if your in-home network is not entirely stable, then Ignite TV will be a nightmare.  For me, it has been trouble-free.

habsrule999
I Plan to Stick Around
did you resolve your issues with ignite??

mubashir56
I Plan to Stick Around
Mine is working great! I am pleased with it.

RER12
I've Been Around
Don’t it’s the worst service... they themselves don’t know what they are selling. The price is off the roof and the fee keeps changing.

robcolburn
I've Been Around

No biggest mistake I have made. We are always losing the signal and they can't seem to fix it and their customer service is truly awful