Shaw to Rogers Transition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Shaw to Rogers Transition

Hi
We had the transition occur on the 9th. Since then my PVR boxes (Arris) are not working. Is there an issue with the signal or the boxes themselves? I have waited over 7 hours on hold trying to get through to Tech support but have reached no one. We have tried unplugging to reboot but nothing helps. Any ideas on what is going on? I am going to take the day off work tomorrow and go into the Rogers office but it's very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Shaw to Rogers Transition

Hello LisaLyn64

From what i can tell you don't have a Rogers box correct ? In order to use Rogers Cable, you will need to get one of the boxes they offer which are Cisco ones. You will need to go to your local Rogers store and have them add a new box into your account and either buy it outright or pay per month ( rental fee). This can be viewed on the link below. It all depends on what cable package you get and terminal u get.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=cable_hardware_page
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

LisaLyn64's post was moved to this thead from page 4 of the Internet thread it had been posted to. 

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/176...

This is all part of Roger's buy out and switch over of Shaw Communication's Mountain Cablevision in Hamilton.  A node by node switch over is in progress, and by some reports, all is not going well.  Lisa, if you are going to the local office tomorrow, you might want to determine what measures have been implemented to switch the firmware for all of the Shaw equipment over to firmware that Rogers can fully control.  Meowmix might be absolutely correct that you might have to switch your current Shaw equipment for Rogers equipment.  Somehow, for several thousand customers, that does not make sense, personal opinion.  In the case of a PVR for example, you would have TV shows and movies previously recorded that you might not want to give up, and have to pay for again in order to view them.  This looks like its going to be a painful exercise, only time will tell.  The only advice I can offer at this time is to press the customer service reps for answers on the switch over of the equipment that you are currently using so that it can be used on the Rogers system.  I would have thought that in advance of this switch over, that customers such as yourself would have been given adequate warning and advice on equipment firmware switch over, which would make it compatible with the Rogers system.  Only you can determine if you want to exchange your current equipment for Rogers branded equivalents, or if you are willing to wait it out until equipment command and control and signal issues are sorted out.

Looks lihe the situation is making the press as well:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4626981-rogers-switchover-a-headache-for-mountain-customers/

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree with Datalink's findings.

From my understading, from posts here and elsewhere from some users that were in that area effected... they did get some stuff mailed, advanced warning of what would be happening, changing, etc.
(exact DETAILS of those mailings, not sure.. not sure if it was specific hardware that could still be used, etc).

I do know, that for that area.. they did use MOTEROLA boxes.. and that MOST of those models would still be allowed to be used on the rogers switchover (as rogers used moterola boxes out east).

I might think, that THAT specific box, might be on the 'not usable' any more list 😞

Hopefully the store, rep, etc might be able to help a bit more.. maybe exchange the box for you, etc.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4626981-rogers-switchover-a-headache-for-mountain-customers/

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

theres also a bulletin/notice on the roger home page too

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Since being transitioned to Rogers we have all the TV channels that we had before but we no longer receive any of the digital music channels (400+).  Does anyone have a fix for this.  I've already been on hold for over 2 hours to get internet e-mail problems fixed and don't feel like doing that again.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I assume that when you say 400+ you mean channel numbers and not quantity of channels.  I haven't looked for a while, but the music channels are in the 700+ channel range and there were about 20-30 of them as I recall.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Standard operating procedure with Rogers gear is to reboot the cable box first before trying anything else.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I need the support number for Shaw to Rogers customers when the transition happened in Caledonia ON,  around 2014-2015.

Rogers didn't receive the notes from Shaw when I purchased it 'in-store' in Hamilton back before the transition.  They've been charging me as though it was a rental since then.

Now, I plan on cancelling and of course they want their equipment back.  And if I don't return the PVR which I purchased for $300++ over 2 years ago then I'm going to be charged for not returning the equipment..... which I own.

Unfortunately nobody at either Shaw or Rogers can confirm the unit/account exists or it purchased and I'm left holding the bag.  I was recommended to go look for the receipt... from over 2 years ago.  That was handy advice Rogers.

Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!