Service on and off

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Service on and off

On May 15, 2013 my internet has been connecting and disconnecting repeatedly. Also my tv channels have been blinking from static to picture again or constantly lagging. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Know how to fix this?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Service on and off

I only saw one person on here report anything similar yesterday, just some stations for their TV. 
No wide spread reports.. so i doubt it was a big outage/backend issue.
They didnt say WHERE they were, so no clue if near where you would be or not.

Especialy with the TV issue you were/are having, usually is a signal issue.  If its bad enough/droping enough, would effect the internet as well.

Unless you made any changes inside the house, this is not necessarily anything you did that caused this.. but could be any number of factors.

Is there any roadwork, etc being done near you, if they are working on any of the street lines or near it, could cause issues.

Sometimes, something as simple as one more person on your street signing up, and having their service added, can lessen the signal to your house to now a unacceptable level (if there is a supply issue to that box, etc).

Best would be to call in, if this hasnt resolved yet.  THey will likely get you to reboot the boxes first thing.  While this sometimes can fix stuff.. in this case, likely wont help.  Would be best to have them send a technician out to take a look.  They can check signal levels outside, inside, etc.  Replace hopefuly anything that might be causing it (say even a power spike which fried a splitter or something).. install a boster maybe, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Same thing happening to me in Ottawa.  That's why I came to the board.  Internet up and down like a toilet seat since at least midnight today.

I took the following steps with no resolution:

1 - rebooted cable modem.

2 - disconnected cable from modem and reattached it after 60 sec.

3 - disconnected cable from modem, rebooted modem, reattached cable.

4 - rebooted all my equipment

5 - disconnected cables to my equipment and reattached them after 60 sec.

In all cases, inside my network I had perfect connectivity, but all network paths to the outside world ended at the Rogers cable modem with no route to host.  This would go on for a period of time, then the internet would reappear for a while, then disappear again. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks a lot for the reply. The service interruptions usually happen in the morning and end around 2 pm. Im just trying to do everything possible before calling a technician because Im assuming Id have to pay. Ive come to rely on the internet and myself to fix all these interruptions because calling Rogers never realy solves anything in my experience.

I Plan to Stick Around

Im in toronto and I feel your pain. As of now at 1:30 PM EST the service has stabalized. Ive spoken with a Rogers online support representative and they said that there was a Rogers Network problem on May 15th, 2013 and said that the network currently is working properly(its not).
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so my channels are blinking and lagging again but my internet seems to still be connected. This happens usually for a few hours. My internet doesnt always disconnect but i know there is something wrong with the Rogers network.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was up from midnight until 2 AM trying to get stuff done over the internet and gave up.  It was OK this morning before work, but my wife tells me it's up and down again. as of 20 minutes ago.

Sure would be nice if Rogers had an accurate, easy-to-find status page, sort of like Ottawa Hydro.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm informed it's back up right now at 14h02.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yea its so hard to find help from Rogers. Im just trying to figure out if its a problem with my line and/or Rogers Network and if its an area problem or specific to me. Just wondering if your tv channels were flickering on and off or lagging?

I Plan to Stick Around

I only have Rogers internet.  I get TV over the air.