Service not available??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Service not available??

So we live just east of Guelph - 5 minutes to downtown - and Rogers informs us that we cannot get cable or high speed internet because they don't service it. You would think that by now most residences located just a hop skip and jump from a major city can have these benefits, but no - the town of Rockwood still can't even access Rogers services. What's up with this?? I'm tired of Bell satelite and paying for channels I don't use when my neighbour, who lives just 2 roads west of us, can access all Rogers services. Can anyone tell me why, in this the age of the 21st century, that I cannot enjoy these services??

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Service not available??

Hello Bernermum

You aren't the only one. Many others have asked this question in other places as well. It seems the same is happening to Bell as well.. It depends on the area & IF Rogers is allowed to cover that area / can work in there. Many problems can ac-cure when a cable / cellphone & internet provider want to access a area but can't due to construction / rule & ect it seems.

Seeing as the rogers rep you spoke too, it seems they do not service is. It could be many reasons why. I would suggest calling again & seeing what they say again.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Service not available??

Sometimes it all where the lines are, simply.

If there was no cable lines there laid/hung, that its hard to get service to that location.  They CAN, but they have to spend money on covering that area, etc.. has to be worth the investment

Thats one thing satalite has over cable.. can pretty much point anywhere, not restricted to the line 😞

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation