Sending Email problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sending Email problem

hi,

im using a Microsoft Outlook 2007 for sending receiving email from different domains

but i have problem of sending email with 1 domain only which is EIM.AE but i can receive emails from this domain !

do i have to make some special configuration in my Outlook 2007 for sending email using rogers Internet service ?

because once i was in georgia and i face the same issue but that time from hotel a technician fixed it and he said that in Georgian ISP you need some special configuration for Outlook do i need the same for Rogers Internet service ?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Sending Email problem

While some email domains provide both in/out, and can be used from anywhere.. some sometimes can not.

IE: if you have rogers internet, and a bell email.. you can not use BELL outgoing server, from inside the rogers network.  (this may be more BELL blocking it, trying to help prevent spam, etc).

What you would want to do, is set it up, for that email profile.. that is uses the ROGERS outgoing mail server info.   THat should allow it to work.

(least, in all my past experiences.. been AGES since i have done it)

I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone know whats Rogers Network Information for sending email ?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

outgoing mail server should be

smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Then you need to make sure to put in your rogers email account username and password (requires authenticaton)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for the answer

i don't want to use Rogers email in my outlook and i don't have any problem with rogers email !

my problem is with other domain for example myemail@emirates.net.ae i cannot send email from this domain by rogers internet service !

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I understand.

But, some ISPs block certain outgoing ones which are not their own, to help prevent someone else using their service with some other email provider for spam, etc.

I know both bell and Rogers both do this to an extent.

I am not saying you have to not use your other email, you just have to use the Rogers outgoing server to send the mail. This will not effect your email In any way, all incoming will still come in via that other server, including replys to stuff sent via the Rogers outgoing server.

When I was in college I was on bell, and still had a Rogers email from home, and had to do this and never had an issue.

Your incoming server stuff remains the same, server, login, password, etc.
just the outgoing settings need to change.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Again !

so i must use Rogers SMTP, User ID and Password, for Sending yeah ?

then where to enter the User ID and Password of Rogers in my oulook any suggestion ?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On cellular so can't check, going from memory.

Go into the account settings and open them for that email address.
You have to open the advanced settings.
One of the tabs there should have settings for outgoing
DON'T have it on auto same as I comming, and manually enter the login info there