Send Light Blinking on Motorola Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Send Light Blinking on Motorola Modem

Hi, I've had a recurring issue with Rogers Internet and my Motorola Surfboard modem (DOCSIS 2).  

About once a month the modem loses connectivity and the send light starts blinking.  I've tried rebooting the modem, checked all the coax connections and nothing seems out of place.  Eventually I just power off the modem and wait several hours before powering it back up.  Most of the time it corrects itself, but this last instance has lasted almost 2 days.  I've called Rogers technical support but they don't see an issue on their end and want to send a technician out (inconvenient for me since nobody is home during the day)

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something else I can do to try to fix the problem without resorting to waiting for a technician to arrive?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Send Light Blinking on Motorola Modem

Havent seen anyone with that particular issue really, in the 2 odd years i have been on this forum.. so i dont think its a common occurance.

Probably best for them to have a tech come out, as they can check all the lines, etc.. and see if its a signal issue causing it, etc.

Most areas DO have evening techs available as well 5-8 window.  Though those fill up fast, and you may have to wait a extra day or so.

Is the modem a rental or purchased?

I'm Here A Lot

The modem is purchased, probably 4 or 5 years old now.  Thanks for the advice!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sounds like rusted or loose connector somewhere on the street. I had this situation recently. Tech came in, replaced a connector and it fixed the problem. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Worth getting the tech out, and see if that does help.. at least eliminate that out of the equation.

Other than that.. could be the modem going 😞