Searching in email inbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Searching in email inbox

I've just tried two different browsers, and nothing is happening when I try to search my inbox for an email that I'm looking for. Absolutely nothing is happening.

Also, having some difficulty when I click on the "compose" button. Sometimes it allows me to compose an email. Sometimes not.

What's going on here?

Z.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Searching in email inbox

Weither the versions play different on MAC vs PC.

I just tried in IE as well as Chrome on PC

Above where the inbox, folder, calendar buttons, etc..

There is a thing that says Rogers | Yahoomail ________________________________________  Search mail  Serach Web

Tested entering something into the filed and pressing the search mail button, returned all the emails that applied to it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello @ zacharyhoule

I’m sorry to learned that you are not able to Search the inbox for an email. I can definitely investigate for you.

I’m assuming you are using RogersYahoo webmail.

I’m going to have someone reach out to you in Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Where did the search field option for webmail disappear to? It used to be at the top of the page and worked reasonably well. After it disappeared, a small moveable field would occasionally appear lower on the page. When it sporadically appears, the field indicates it as a search box. However, as soon as the cursor is placed in the box/field and one letter is entered, the field completely disappears and a small "UP" arrow appears instead. The up arrow simply takes you to the top of the page.

I applied a change to return to the "basic" setting so the old search field would be available. This worked for one instance. The next time I loaded webmail, even though the basic setting is enabled, the page displays in the "full featured" mode. This would be acceptable if the "full features" actually worked.

Rogers' continual "improvement" and "updates" of the webmail interface is deeply frustrating. It would fine if functionality was improved or updated, but often appears to be a cosmetic change which downgrades the webmail experience.

Kindly advise a fix for the search function. 

Edited to add:

I use Safari for Rogers webmail, as the Rogers system (as advised by a customer service rep) doesn't work well with Chrome. Chrome is my preferred browser.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Weither the versions play different on MAC vs PC.

I just tried in IE as well as Chrome on PC

Above where the inbox, folder, calendar buttons, etc..

There is a thing that says Rogers | Yahoomail ________________________________________  Search mail  Serach Web

Tested entering something into the filed and pressing the search mail button, returned all the emails that applied to it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

In Safari, the box you describe is completely missing. It *used* to be there up until a few weeks ago. I didn't bother trying the site in Chrome because the Rogers webmail site was completely flakey in Chrome previously. When I'd had problems with Rogers webmail in Chrome, the customer service rep advised me to use Safari rather than Chrome. Looks like things have shifted. Surprise...

Having just loaded the webmail site with Chrome, voila!, the search box is now displayed and working. Go figure.

Thanks for making time to write—this caused me to try Chrome again and all's well again. For the moment.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No problem.

Happens to my wife all the time.  She prefers Chrome for things.. but often goes to many sites which load Java or similar interface applets..
Has problems all the time with them... and complains WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING.

I tell her.. Try is in another browser.... oh look, it miraculously works 😛

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Searching in email inbox

For the past several weeks the Search Email function seems to only search the last week of email.

I use webmail (rogers.yahoo.com) and have tried all of the recommended fixes:

- latest browser version

- three different browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome)

- latest Java

- clearing all history

- etc...

Does anyone have something else to try or do I need to switch?

Thanks

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just tested mine (in IE11)

Did a search for my wifes name, as i know i would have further back than a month.

It appears to pull back to at least 2013 or earler (didnt keep going).

Now, what i did find, was it loads enough that you can see on screen.. and shows kind of a FULL slider bar.. which would make it seem that there is no more.  As you scroll down to the verry bottom, i found that it loaded MORE further back and expanded the bar.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for trying.

I tried simple searches (the word "the") and the scroll bar works but it only goes back to April 21st at this point.

BTW - I get the same behaviour in all three browsers.

Tried deleting all Spam/Trash/Drafts - no difference.

Maybe there is a corrupt email around that date - will try delting a block of days next.

Cheers

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And you can normally go past that point when normally scrolling/going through pages? (you can see emails older than that?)