cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search not working today

park
I'm an Advisor

Hello:

Search function does not work for me today.

Comes back as failed to load(1), and a movie you can pay for, totally unrelated to your search !

Anybody else have the sdame proble today ?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Search not working today

park
I'm an Advisor

@robindp wrote:

Hello @park - when the Search app gives me trouble (common since launch of Navigatr), I use the "Manage PVR" function of the Rogers anyplace tv website - I find things quicker that way.

For those unaware of this feature:

1. Visit http://www.rogersondemand.com.

2. Click Sign In/Register at top-right.

3. Type in your MyRogers Username and Password, then click Sign In.

4. From red toolbar at top of webpage, click Manage PVR.

5. At top-right: Type the name of the program you are looking for.  A window appears on the web page listing results.

@RogersMay - is there any information we can provide to expedite the 'fix' to this issue?

Thanks!

" - is there any information we can provide to expedite the 'fix' to this issue? "

If I have to go through all that krap, I would rather go search for BELL !

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

hi @park

Can you elaborate for me what search function you are getting errors for? Is this for your digital box?

RogersMay

Sure.

TV search on 2 different NB3s  Using the * key, Navikrap software.

Just checked working now,

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Awesome!

Thanks for updating us 🙂

RogersMay

Hello @RogersMay,

I am having the same problem as @krap - I searched for "CORNER" (no quotes...looking for 'Corner Gas') and got an error message: "Search results failed to load(8)".

I am on a Nextbox 2 HD PVR, and in the Dixie/Peter Robertson area in Brampton.

Hello @park - when the Search app gives me trouble (common since launch of Navigatr), I use the "Manage PVR" function of the Rogers anyplace tv website - I find things quicker that way.

5. At top-right: Type the name of the program you are looking for.  A window appears on the web page listing results.

@RogersMay - is there any information we can provide to expedite the 'fix' to this issue?

Thanks!

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@robindp

Thank you for sharing your work around with the community 🙂

As for the search function issue, can we try a reboot and see how that goes?

Looking forward to your reply.

RogersMay

I stepped away for a bit, will restart my PVRs and advise later today. Thanks!

Just stepped back in and checked - the Search app on the NextBox 2 is working again (did not have to restart). 

@park, is it working for you?

park
I'm an Advisor

Yes working OK

I think search is done at the head-end and results sent back to your TV box.

My guess is that Rogers TV program search engine must have been down or busy for a while..

If so, its status at any point in time should be well know inside Rogers.

Cap07
I'm a Reliable Contributor
You mean instead of using *Search button on your remote? Might as well just turn off your TV and read a book.

park
I'm an Advisor

@robindp wrote:

Thanks!

" - is there any information we can provide to expedite the 'fix' to this issue? "

If I have to go through all that krap, I would rather go search for BELL !

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Exactly! The "*" Search button is supposed to work. Period. It works for me with SARA software. Looks like Navigatr has messed it up. Why do we keep having to figure out workarounds for simple stuff that doesn't work anymore?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

LisaMarie1
I've Been Around

Note that this does not work on a tablet.

this is an old post but I just changed my PVR and cannot use the search feature of the new Navigatr- results fail to load. Any more recent assistance or fix???

Hello @LisaMarie1,

Try downloading the Rogers "Home Edition" app, available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Home Edition allows you to search the program guide, setup new recordings, watch live TV streams on your tablet, and more. 

The search in this app is MUCH better than what is available on the cable box, and is my "go to" when I am searching for a program to watch or record.  TIP: You can also use it to program your PVR while on the road!

I have an iPad (iOS9) and an HTC phone (Android Marshmallow [6]) and both devices work with this app.

Hello @LisaMarie1,

The Search function on the cable box seems okay here in Brampton (410/Bovaird). Questions for you:

- Have you tried restarting the cable box (via troubleshooting, or unplug/plug back in?). 

- Do you have other cable boxes?

--> If yes, does search work on those boxes?

@LisaMarie1 wrote:

Note that this does not work on a tablet.

this is an old post but I just changed my PVR and cannot use the search feature of the new Navigatr- results fail to load. Any more recent assistance or fix???

If you just changed the box.. seems to take a day or two to settle in/download/setup right.  May just need a little longer.

park
I'm an Advisor

Call Rogers. Tell them it's unacceptable. Get a bill reduction and few free movies.

remaxman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

it will fail again

Steve

malcolmd
I Plan to Stick Around

Only working sporadically on my NB3.  Usually I get the "search results failed to load". Tech support told me it was because the catalogue had to be reloaded after a software update. But software has not been updated in the past few days (currently 132) and the function is still hit and miss.

Pathetic. The app is a workaround but it should not have to  be.

Agreed - Rogers needs to fix the Search app and bring back search filters (show only live, VOD, PPV, etc). 

I view the app as a nice add-on, but not one that should replace the EPG on the cable box. I recommend it only because the current Searth app isn't "cutting it".

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 in conversation