Search BUG: Show appearing in Guide not found by Search

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Search BUG: Show appearing in Guide not found by Search

A few days ago, I saw a promo for new mini-series called "Banished" that's premiering on CBC on Monday July 27th. Wanting to schedule a recording, I pressed '*" on my remote (8642 Nextbox) to bring up Search. I entered the letters "BANISHED" and was surprised to see the Results pane showed nothing that was relevant to this series. Yes, I scrolled all the way through the Results.

I tried again today, with the same result. Having confirmed on CBC.ca that this is the name of the series and that it is still premiering on Monday 27th (at 9PM), I pressed GUIDE on my remote and manually navigated to the  appropriate channel, date and time. There it is!

So, "Banished" shows up in the Guide but not in the Search results.

I've noticed a similar behaviour before. I don't understand how the Search isn't directly tied in to the Guide data.

screenshots:

I know there's a major Guide update later this week, so it could be that the issue will no longer be an issue.. but then again, it might be - which is why I'm posting. And to see if anyone else has noticed this happen before.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Search BUG: Show appearing in Guide not found by Search

@theClubHopper

Thank you for your post. 

I have not personally experienced this bug.

However, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 

As you mentioned we do have an update in the upcoming week that should resolve a lot of current bugs.

Check out our blog coming today that will detail your rollout date.

If after you get your update this is still happening please let us know.

Thanks,

RogersAliciaG

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have noticed that in the past.. it seems like it takes a few days, etc to find a new series..

(i think it was when the hadfields/mcaws mini series thing was out.. the day after the first aired, i missed it, and went to search to record the rest.. couldnt find it.. even though i could find it on the next weekend manually..   In 3 or so days, it was able to search though)

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I just tried and got the same result. I wanted to find it on Zap2it, but the site doesn't want to load for me this morning.

I've also experienced the opposite.  I think it was  a week ago that I scheduled a stage of the Tour de France using the search function and it appeared in my scheduled recordings as a manual recording because it was not yet in the Guide. Apparently the search went half a day beyond the Guide.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes , I have run into that before and not just with new programs.
Also another annoyance for me is that when you do find the show you are looking for and click on it there is no rhyme nor reason the episode listings. For one episode ( season 4 episode 12) , I was looking for, I finally found it sandwich between a season 1 and season listing.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know if it's the search engine that is random, or the programming is inconsistent. I scheduled my Tour de France recordings first by finding them using Search, then advancing a day at a time in the Guide to find subsequent ones until they moved to another channel, or I got to the end of the Guide. It was the same feed, but it jumped all over the place to different sports channels, often to accommodate other more "important" sports, like tennis or soccer.  Once, when I wasn't paying attention, I scheduled a stage on an SD channel. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how the Search selects or misses channels.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I have noticed this since we got HD (NB 3.0).

I also receive error messages when the spelling completely correct AND the program is in the guide

Sometimes the error message turns into a positive, i.e. a "hit" list (in these cases there are NEVER any relevant results).

I liked the old guide when one could highlight the show and push one button to find the other listings for the same show.

I just discovered the search function under "INFO" (last night) which so far (for me) has been a positive.

Thank you.