Samsung captivate sms issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung captivate sms issues

I was having this same time stamp problem...used SMStimefix and it worked.  The time stamps on th eincoming messages are accurate as well. 

The problem I am having however is that since I've installed it and corrected that problem I am getting a notification  that "message could not be sent" after ever text I send...although the messages ARE sending and being received.  It's more annoying than anything but I'm wondering is anybody else is having this problem?  Any fixes out there?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I used to have that problem, check what series your SIM card is, Rogers has updated their SIMs to support their stronger network. I used to have a 4000 series SIM and I walked into a Rogers store and they gave me a 4010 series card for free. This solved my "message failed" problem
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I have the same problem with the recieved text messages and yes it's very annoying. I have called rogers and they have "escalated" my case though I have yet to hear back. It's been three days. Other than this the phone is great. I hope they'll have it fixed sooner than later.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi 102055,

Thanks for escalating the issue.

I suggest you all call in to report this. The more examples we have the quicker we can have this resolved. You can reach our technical support at 1866-931-3282.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the same issue, I fixed it by going into settings, in Date and time, set to manual (select your time zone), save, go back to the home screen, then change it to automatic again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The SMS Time Fix app is only a hack and it has some problems.  You have to adjust the offset when daylight savings time changes.  Also, if you go to another time zone or carrier you have to either adjust it or turn it off.  I found that when I went to Chicago and was on the AT&T network the SMS Time Fix app was mucking up the times because they weren't offset by the same amount on that network.  That's annoying, especially if you travel a lot.

I tried what 4nth suggested and that didn't fix it either.  So SMS Time Fix is the only short term workaround until Rogers fixes the issue.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

there's an app to fix it.  download SMS time fix

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

download sms time fix
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree re: SMS Time Fix being a "hack". It does work - most of the time. Recently at odd times it will not fix the messages coming in. It seems that a phone restart fixes this - but haven't 100% confirmed that enough times yet.

I agree re: SMS Time Fix being a "hack". It does work - most of the time. Recently at odd times it will not fix the messages coming in. It seems that a phone restart fixes this - but haven't 100% confirmed that enough times yet.

This really is beyond an annoyance as I have missed texts because I simply can't find them when they come in if I've missed the notifications.

This really is beyond an annoyance as I have missed texts because I simply can't find them when they come in if I've missed the notifications.

I don't see how this hasn't been fixed or dealt with yet. It's obviously a big enough issue that someone outside of Rogers had to develop an app for it to fix the times. No other phone that I know of on the Rogers network has this issue, nor as some postersr have mentioned, does the Captivate have this issue on other networks.

I don't see how this hasn't been fixed or dealt with yet. It's obviously a big enough issue that someone outside of Rogers had to develop an app for it to fix the times. No other phone that I know of on the Rogers network has this issue, nor as some postersr have mentioned, does the Captivate have this issue on other networks.

I don't think I should have to continue paying full price on a feature that is half broken... last time I called in about something else I asked about it and was told that Rogers currently had no update and nothing in progress for fixing this issue.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI, Handcent SMS works better than SMSTimeFix - the times are still wrong but it displays the texts in order they were recieved by you...