Samsung captivate sms issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung captivate sms issues

Myself and a couple others who have purchased the Captivate in the last week all have the SMS time stamp issue. We're in Vancouver, and the incomming time stamp is off by 5 hours. Since the messaging app lists messages by their timestamp, it makes it almost impossible to follow a conversation.

Yes, SMS Time Fix works in applying the correct time stamp to the incomming message, but it's not a solution.

Rogers knows this is a problem. They can post all they want about "call us with your details", but why do we have to waste our time calling, being put on hold, explaining a known problem, been given all kinds of dumb advice, and finally told that the problem will be "looked into" or "escalated".

Rogers - be a man. Own up to the problem, and then fix it.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

"Rogers knows this is a problem. They can post all they want about "call us with your details", but why do we have to waste our time calling, being put on hold, explaining a known problem, been given all kinds of dumb advice, and finally told that the problem will be "looked into" or "escalated".

Rogers - be a man. Own up to the problem, and then fix it."....

I agree.  I am in Manitoba, with a newer Captivate, and have the same SMS time stamp problem (5 hour offset).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You have got to be freaking kidding me!  This bug is completely uncool. 

Yesterday I switched from my local carrier here in Winnipeg to Rogers because of the Captivate. 

If this is an example of the kind of BS I'm going to have to put up with for the next 3 years, I'm gonna lose my marbles.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just load on SMS Time Fix from the market and the sms time will be all good.

For those of you complaining about android and Samsung, the #1 tech failure of the year (by CNN and many other various tech news sources) was the Iphone 4 so....

Keep in mind these arent just phones, they are hand held computers that make calls.  expect some bugs along the way as this technology develops.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

bugs i understand,,,

not being able to get your poop(as i cant say the s word) together, is a totally different beast altogether,,

and unacceptable,,

hell 2.2 is been out for a year,,, and the release is now delayed 5 months from what was originally said,, that is just pre school  customer service,,,

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually Android 2.2 was released in SDK format on May 20th, 2010, and wasn't available as a final released update to any device (the Nexus One) until the end of June.  So it has in effect only be around for 6 months.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I feel so silly. I just downloaded a new SMS program and all is well, better in fact.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So what is the best SMS then?  I have been dealing with this and I get people who have 'no idea' how to fix that from Rogers (after sitting on hold for 45min!)  Yes on the west coast we are 5 hours off with incoming messages.  I don't understand why we need to download a different app when this should be an easy fix from Rogers!!

I've Been Around

I really don't get this phone , is there any way I could change my Conversations ? just like how Iphone 3G conversations are?