Samsung SCX-5935EN can't connect to the SMTP server on port 465

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Samsung SCX-5935EN can't connect to the SMTP server on port 465

I was using my multi function printer to do scan to e-mail after they switch the new e-mail system I can't connect to the mail server no more, I change the port to 465 enable SSL in the smtp setting and now don't even let me login to send scans. I use same setting on my outlook 2010, and it working fine, but on my printer it don't let me login to send scans, I think I need to insert SSL certificate, my question is how and where I get the certificate to input to the printer

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung SCX-5935EN can't connect to the SMTP server on port 465

Does anyone in the community have any ideas for @Delmair?

Rogers_Kate

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Settings look right, based on the new security settings... unless they OP has the server name wrong?

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

Delmair wrote:

I was using my multi function printer to do scan to e-mail after they switch the new e-mail system I can't connect to the mail server no more, I change the port to 465 enable SSL in the smtp setting and now don't even let me login to send scans. I use same setting on my outlook 2010, and it working fine, but on my printer it don't let me login to send scans, I think I need to insert SSL certificate, my question is how and where I get the certificate to input to the printer

The first step is to verify that your multi-function printer has all the correct settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com

SMTP Server Port: 465

SMTP Encryption: SSL

Username: Rogers Yahoo Username

Password: Rogers Yahoo Password

If that does not work, I will verify on my own Samsung printer (no an SCX-5935EN but still with scan and network functionnality) tonight and get back to you.

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

One more detail, your printer has to be sending the scan from a valid e-mail address or otherwise it will be refused by Rogers' servers.

This "FROM" address should be a real address and it must be configured in your yahoo e-mail settings.

1. Go to http://rogers.mail.yahoo.com and sign in

2. Click on the "gear" icon in the top bar and click settings

3. Select accounts

4. Click add

5. Add any address that you will use to send e-mails from

A verification e-mail will be sent out to these addresses to confirm that you are authorized to send from them.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the same problem, with my Samsung Scx-4826 fn, does anyone know how to fix the is problem?

Highlighted

Hello, @frankstigter

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Would you please elaborate the issue? Are you not able to send out rogers.com emails? Do you get any errors?

Please update the Community with as many details as you can, we should be able to further assist you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin