Samsung S5 - warranty issue?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung S5 - warranty issue?

Just wondering on if this is covered by warranty.

I've got manufacturer warranty on the S5 until June 2015.

The back battery cover is not flush with the phone... a section of it is somewhat raised around the power button...this could affect the water-resistant capability.

Would I take this to a Rogers store or a Samsung Service centre?     

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung S5 - warranty issue?

Hello SS604

It could be due to physical damage and that would cost u to get it fixed. If its just the back cover then that covered but not the device it self.

You can take it into a Rogers store but they will send it into repair which may take 14 business days or more to get back. You could try the Samsung center and see what they tell you
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks. i purchased a wireless back cover with charging pad... this clipped on perfectly but the device gains a bit of thickness and weight that i can get used to.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SS604

If you buy another back cover that does have wireless charging on it then yes it will add some weight & thickness on the device. Hopefully that cover is waterproof & doesn't give u any problems later on.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

went with OEM samsung stuff...its perfect fit and it retains water resistance...not that i'm gonna go swimming with it. but yah, worked out well.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SS604

Okay thats good to know then! Yeah that is true but still making sure that the cover is waterproof will be better in the long run.