Samsung S4 "not registered on network"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung S4 "not registered on network"

So I've been having this samsung galaxy s4 that had been working fine on 4G, calling, texting (i don't have a data plan). Then yesterday it suddenly stopped working-- all of it. It is not the sim card's problem. I tried it on my mom's iphone and it works perfectly. 

My mobile network is gone. And the funny thing is, the four bars at the top are still showing up.

I already did the factory reset 2 times, fiddled around with the settings, but nothing.

Is the system corrupted? Is the apn wonky? I don't know what the problem is. 

Please help me. 

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung S4 "not registered on network"

Hello gfanny

My first suggestion is to go into a Rogers store, & see if you can get a LTE sim card or a new sim card. It may just be the sim card causing this on the S4.

My other suggestion would be seeing as you did a factory reset, check the APN settings & see what settings it says. It most likely has the correct APN setting but double check!.

My third suggestion would be to contact Rogers wireless tech support. Explain your problem & tell them what you already tried. Ask them to send you out a Refurb S4. A refurd mdel means its either given back from a customer that does not want it anymore or had issues but Samsung fixed them. Some refurb devices have problems but are checked. It would cost you $35 on your account tho just a one time fee. Tell them you want that option if you like.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply! 

Yes, my APN settings seem right. It should be on the rogers lte one right?

and today I'm going to have my phone checked to see if it has been unlocked properly, and then I'll go check out the sim card. 

A refurb s4 only costs $35? do I get to keep it or is it just used to check out exactly what problem my phone has?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello qfanny

Exactly, it should be the Rogers LTE APN.

Check everything possible & see if anything can be fixed. It could just be the sim card or it could be the phone.

The program offers youthe same phone you have but in refurb model. When you get the refurb S4, you will have 15 days to send back your phone. They have the bag & the waybill for UPS for you to send it back. All you need to do is make sure the refurb device works & then send yours back to Rogers. You keep the refurb model!.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

qfanny, did you fix your problem? I have the some problem and rogers could not repair it after 7 weeks and I still pay for my cellphone. I send my cellphone to technical suppor for 8 days and they send it back to me saying that it works. So, I dont know what more I can do, Im really disgusting with the rogers services and I will share my case on the internet so the people will know how is the rogers services.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello danielriosb

Unfortunately the user posted this almost a year ago & has not posted back. It could have been that they fixed it & never came back. Contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook & Twitter @RogersHelps
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I already did it! and I didnt receive any answer or solution! I have already my device not working for more than 8 weeks! and rogers dont give me any solution. Its amazing, this is garbage! This services is the worse services that I receive ever.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello danielriosb

Have you checked your "Other" inbox via Facebook if u messaged them on there?. Sometimes they send you PMS that go to that box.

At this point the only solution is to go to the store and try a new Sim card or send in the phone for repairs as it may have a issue.