Samsung S4 lollipop reversal to Kitkat

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mopsy1985
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung S4 lollipop reversal to Kitkat

I solved the problem of kitkat over lollipop, I bought a new S4 which still has kitkat. In applications I found one of two software down loads for lollipop and I deleted one so no I no longer receive a notice to install. Pluss I turned off software updates and notifications and I have been free of lollipop for three weeks now. I don't have a data plan so keeping wifi off is not an issue and I only turn it on in a free wifi zone to update my weather. Yes I had to buy a second S4 but it was a small price to pay to get rid of that GOD awaful lollipuck. Samsung you really screwed up big time.

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Nice. A different route, but none the less an option.
Samsung isn't on the ball recently - I am a fan, but starting to feel overexposure burns lol
@Mopsy1985 glad you found a workaround for yourself. I feel not everyone can take that route but lollipop seems to be no as "standard" as Google pushed it to be. A lot of customization by Manufacture is really throwing things off.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mopsy1985

Oh that's good to hear! Glad you found a workaround which works! They did screw up it seems but they won't own up to it unfortunately.
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

No better than apple either,
Those guys don't even admit to the fault, they fix it and then say "oh that issue we had, its fixed..."
😐
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

I agree. No manufacture actually admit to their mistakes unless it's a huge one ( like the iPhone 4 antenna gate which they said it was our fault on holding wrong lol) but no matter what they find a excuse
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I thought that was iPhone 5? The DeathGrip? (So many memes of Darth Vader and its "Death Choke" lulz)

Yeah - After lollipop the S-Spen stop taking screenshots -__- pretty upset about that... and there isn't a fix. it was just "removed".