Samsung S4 lollipop reversal to Kitkat

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mopsy1985
I'm Here A Lot

Samsung S4 lollipop reversal to Kitkat

OK I hate..............HATE the look of lollipop and I would do anything to get the look of Kitkat back on my S4. I don't understand why Kitkat couldn't be upgraded instead of us getting this crap lollipop or at the very least give two buttons one to accept lollipop and one to say thanks but no thanks I like Kitkat and want to keep it. God forbid that the poor old consumer not be given a chance to choose for themselves. Your thoughts ??

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung S4 lollipop reversal to Kitkat

Hello @Mopsy1985

It will be in Settings - About - Update. It should be in there.

Most reps do not tell you as its either on or off & most of the times customers want it ON due to getting the updates easier & faster.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mopsy1985

Unfortantuly there is no way to revert back to Kit Kat. Your only way would be to root your device & get the custom ROM for the older ones & do it. Customers are allowed to turn of Auto Update which won't download the new update for them & they get to choice them selfs when to do it so the " poor" little customer has a choice to do it but must have that option set on OFF in the settings.
Mopsy1985
I'm Here A Lot

where is that auto update button ?

Mopsy1985
I'm Here A Lot

The crap one finds out after the horse has left the barn............. no one told me I could shut updats off but yes it can be said I didn't ask about something I knew nothing about.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mopsy1985

It will be in Settings - About - Update. It should be in there.

Most reps do not tell you as its either on or off & most of the times customers want it ON due to getting the updates easier & faster.

View solution in original post

Mopsy1985
I'm Here A Lot

Well I don't have a data plan and have no need of one and I will do everything in my power to get Kitkat back on my S4 then I will turn off wifi and never turn it on again which is find cause I need my glasses to see it anyways and I can always wait to surf when I get home on my XP looking window 7 desk top. Yes I love the look of XP and I hear W10 after tials will allow users to keep the XP look. I told samsung they should at least allow people like me to keep the look of Kitkat but its not to be so lollipop will be reversed if possible on my S4.

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hello!

If you like the look of kitkat, as Mewmix said, you can root the device and install custom ROMs.

and nothing wrong with XP, I miss my XP lol
Would recommend looking at XDA website for options.
but what ever you do, you do it at your own risk, since rooting is not for everyone, and it essentially voids your warranty (if you have one). So careful if you do chose that route.

I got lollipop as well, I am not pleased, but I do learn to appriciate Google's work. Its Samsung bloatware that urks me. x__X
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mopsy1985

Windows XP was and always will be the best OS windows brought out! Lol.

Honestly at this point as i pointed out you can root ur device on your OWN risk and see if u can get the older update. Other then that nothing else can be done.
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I actually loved Vista for some reason, it was the worse OS probably (next to 8.1) but omg i had no issues with it what so ever. everyone else did haha.

Rooting device has its benefits, but for a lot of people who spam download apps, it can become the biggest security flaw. 😞

Some Apps out there are badly coded, or the developer is evil and out to get your personal info. (Beware of Side loadings apps!)
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

That is correct but again it's up to the OP if they wish to root their device or not. I have only rooted my device once and never done it again as it doesn't give me any benefits other then getting older updates or new updates.

That is also correct. Some app developers have either coded the app wrong or have set permission to take all your information and share it with others. This is something that comes with any app though, not just rooting...