Samsung S4 Lollipop OS update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersMaude

Re: Samsung S4 Lollipop OS update

Good evening @hali101 ,

Welcome to the Forums and Thank you for your post! Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, we have not yet announced when the Samsung Galaxy S4 will get the Android 5.0 Lollipop update.

Keep an eye on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" to know approximately when it will be made available to you.

We will bring the schedule up to date, as soon the information in regards to the launch is confirmed, for Android Lollipop on that specific device.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

hali101
I've Been Here Awhile

So are you saying it is coming it's just a matter.of when.?

RogersMaude

Hi @hali101 ,

At this time, I am unable to confirm whether or not the update will be available for the S4. Hence why we cannot provide you a with a time frame, sorry about that.

From the information I was able to gather, it will roll out at a certain point. Samsung’s software updates are made available across several months, therefore, even if a date is set, you might not get it at the same time as another user. 

It’s very hard to predict when your Galaxy S4 Lollipop update will be available and we can definitely understand how frustrating this must be for you!

RogersMaude

panko
I've Been Around

You are right!  I just put lollipop on my S4 and it is sweet! No thanks at all to Rogers/Samsung.

rado
I've Been Around

@hali101 wrote:

does anyone know if the galaxy s4 will get  lollipop ?

Yes. In fact, the answer is it has already gotten the update all around the world but not Rogers; plus, unlike what I see here, a quick google search shows there weren't any fundamental issues with the update. At least it might solve what we are already missing in Version 4.4.2 . I just want to add to all these that google's latest android version is 5.1.1, I'm using it on a Nexus, yet we are probably waiting for something in 5.0 versions for galaxy S4.

In the meantime, I get all this notifications on my S4 phone about "Ordering the new Galaxy S6" like they are implying our phones are already old...

FanDroidBoi
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been running 5.1.0 GPE for about a month now and I'm very impressed with Lollipop. I kinda feel sorry for the people who have to wait for the carrier version.
yamaharider1986
I've Been Around

I don't want to update my note 4 if lollipop ain't stable yet , any reviews yet ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @yamaharider1986

Check on XDA. Do remember everyone has a different review so it won't be the same for eveyone.
Bull4XL
I've Been Around

Update dropped last night (or earliy this morning.) Turned on wi-fi after midnight (17/04/15) and there was an update available.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bull4XL

That is correct! The update is out for this device