Samsung S3 tethering not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung S3 tethering not working

@dzuluaga

There is a known issue with Rogers tethering and stock Android builds (which the Nexus 7 runs). I was able to fix this on my Galaxy S3 while running a custom ROM but it requires Root access.

Are you by any chance Rooted?

I've Been Around

I've solved the problem using ISWAT tether unlocker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tetherunlocker
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the same issue and came accross this post which was useful. I thought I could add more details.

I resolved my problem thanks to this post but I had to do more than "The Tethering is set to ltedata.apn. Change this to ltemobile.apn (to match the first)".

Here are the steps :

1) Go in Settings -> [Wireless and networks  sections] More Settings -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names

2) You will see 2 APNs. (In my case "Rogers Internet" and "Internet Tethering")

3) Now you need to copy ALL settings from "Rogers Internet" (the one that works) to "Internet Tethering" (the one that does not work)

4) Done!

I suspect that when Rogers configured the phone : they did not bother to configure the "Internet Tethering" and left it to its default values which does not work. (in my case isp.apn).

I hope this helps someone else!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had a problem connecting devices to the Z30 as a hot spot.  It was working fine for a while, then it stopped working.  It would connect devices and look like they have access to internet, but then they would not be able to access internet.  I found this post, and looked at the APN.  It was set to itemobile.apn.  I changed it to itedata.apn and everything worked fine.  i do not use this phone for voice, only for data.  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

YES!!! Thank you so much...I have been struggling with this for weeks. My modem has gone down and I was desperate to connect via my S3.

Thanks so much for posting this solution!!! You are a GEM!