Samsung S II LTE (i727R) vs. Samsung S II Skyrocket (i727) dimensions?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Samsung S II LTE (i727R) vs. Samsung S II Skyrocket (i727) dimensions?

So, I just bought the Samsung S II LTE (i727R). From what I understand, it's almost identical to the Samsung S II Skyrocket (i727) distributed by AT&T. 

My question is simple, are these the same phones dimension-wise? 
I'm curious as to whether a Skyrocket case will fit on a Roger's LTE?

I tried contacting sellers of both phone cases, and the response is mixed. Half say yes, half say no.

As far as the look, they both look the exact same. The camera position is correct, along with the speakers, buttons, etc...

But... the LTE is listed on a website as 1 cm taller than the Skyrocket. Is this true? Or are they the same physical size?

***edited labels***

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Samsung S II LTE (i727R) vs. Samsung S II Skyrocket (i727) dimensions?

It's the same phone, it's just AT&T branded it as Skyrocket.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Toxiccoid

Both devices are the same. One is just called a Skyrocket & Rogers named it S2 LTE. That is all. The LTE antennas inside are a bit different but the phone design & accessories are all the same.

So you are safe if you want to by a Skyrocket case for the S2 LTE. AT&T just called it Skyrocket instead of S2 LTE. That is all
I've Been Around

Hi, maybe you can help me my sgh-i727r the screen is broken and I just find a lcd screens for the at&t model skyrocket i727, do you think that is the same lcd screen replacement, thank you

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bravocbf

Yes it will work. Its the same exact screen