Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patoos
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Note 3?

thanks orijahnal,

Do you think its worth it going for the extreme or stick with the ultra?
orijahnal
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey patoos,

If you could find the extreme 64GB then go for it.  80MB\s write and 50MB\s read speeds on the extreme certainly beats 30mb\s on the ultra any day.   

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

patoos & orijahnal,

I tried to find out the Note 3's max speed for writing to the memory card, yesterday, by talking to people at both SanDisk and Samsung.  Neither place was able to give me an answer(!).

Caution on the Samsung card: I notice it quotes 20 MB/s, which is very low for that class of card. More in line with off-brand numbers.

I've always liked the SanDisk brand (for my photography needs). In fact, I've already purchased the Ultra card (64GB) but I'm concerned that it'll be too slow. (After reading some posts in this long thread...)  Nothing concrete, just speculation.

Since I've already received my card, and since nobody can give me a good answer, I'm going to try it on my new phone tomorrow, and see if it handles the write-speed required for highest quality video. I'll post my results here.

If it doesn't work, I'd get the Extreme.

patoos
I Plan to Stick Around

TheyCallMEDoug,

Sounds good, i will keep a look out for your results!

Thanks for trying it out for us 🙂
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!!

Got some good news to share for the folks that want the Galaxy Gear. I went over the on the Telus site & they have the deal!!. So i am sure Rogers & Bell will do the same.

I went to check a new activation, then added the plan & it showed me the Galaxy gear for $329 but at check out it was $229. So the $100 comes off the galaxy gear! 

Also it says " Until Oct. 31: Get $100 off Samsung GALAXY Gear™ with GALAXY Note 3 purchase"

Hopefully Rogers adds it soon!!

BTW Telus has the Samsung OEM Leather View Flip for $64.99 & Samsung OEM Leather Flip for $49.99. 

king_tut
I Plan to Stick Around

I went with the 32GB Sandisk Extreme.... $46 on Amazon (I have a US address as well so I'm able to take full advantage 😉 )

Only 15 minutes until I get my NOTE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
king_tut
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone still fully charge their device before using it? Or is that just my old school way of doing things. I'm pretty sure it makes no difference....
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello king_tut

I use it until it dies and then charge it lol
king_tut
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Haha, yes, I used to do that as well. I guess it all depends on how much juice she has when I get it her!

ps - Forgot the store opens at 10am and not 8am, only an hour and a half! loll
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone! Rogers has officially launched the Note 3!

Mobile syrup was correct in the pricing!! It's $249.99 on a 2 year plan and $699.99 outright. Please keep in mind Rogers stores to add an extra $50 so it will be $750 instead. Cheap tho!

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...