cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3?

Andrew250
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Rogers!

Samsung's latest rendition of it's Note Series, the Note 3, is rumored to be release September 4th.  When will us lonely Canadians get it?

Regards,

Andy

***edited labels***

866 REPLIES 866

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello gageev

It seems that the warehouse has not received any yet. Also it seems the Business department is getting shipments late. Every single order done threw a business line with any device, has not gotten them yet.

deham
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks all for the advice! I have to agree $72 for a case is too much. I really like smart cover with the window and wireless charging is a plus. Hope we will have more options very soon.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello deham

You are welcome!. It is to much just for a case that has a window. The only time it maygo down is if Rogers puts a promotion on or BB or FS does.

BakedGoat
I've Been Here Awhile

I ordered mine through the business department but it was still backordered, so I asked if I can go to the store level to pick it up. They gave me the okay as long as they are able to help corporate customers. I ended up getting my Note 3 from a Roger's Plus store.

I also picked up an S-view cover, and its got leads for what looks like wireless charging, so I think it helps justify the price a bit more.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BakedGoat

It all depends. NOT all Rogers plus stores can do this. That is why its always best to go on the Rogers Business site & look at the locator to see which store can help the business / corporate clients.

Also $70+ for a case is a lot. Yes it can do a few things BUT i rather spend that muct on 2-3 cases that will last. If you look up " S4 S-View case cuasing S4 LCD crack" you will see many threads on this.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor
@BakedGoat, those leads aren't for wireless charging, but for NFC. I don't believe the wireless charging case is out anywhere in Canada as of yet.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AnonymousUser

You are correct. There is no wireless Charging case out in Canada as of yet. Looked around many places and never found one. I did find one at Pacific Mall BUT was a third party out and did not trust it.

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey.... were we supposed to get a $50 Mail-In-Rebate from Samsung when we purchased the Note 3?

I remember hearing about that, but it just occured to me that I haven't seen any paperwork related to rebates.

Anyone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello TheyCallMeDoug

You need to do it online. Follow my steps below.

" 1. Log in and navigate to MyRogers.

2. In the secondary navigation (which contains overview, bills & payments, etc.) click the "Products & Services" tab

3. If you're not on it by default, choose "wireless"

4. If you have multiple phone numbers, select the rebait phone number from your list

5. Under the "My phone" section, you should have a rebait option.

Those are the steps to get it.

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix,

That just saved me $50, and if the website wasn't buggy, another $50!

My wife and I both got Note 3s on the same day.... the website let me submit for one, but when I switch to submit for the other, it still has the link up, but when I click on it it jumps right to the "Your request has been successfully submitted" page, without stopping at the pre-submission page.

The reason I know this is a bug is because the first "get your rebate" link has gone away, but the second one is still there.

I'm glad I though to ask!  

I bought a s view cover for $60 + tax in vancouver area.

The case is pretty good.

But, there is a rpoblem of the s view function.

If you have watched s view tutorial video, or the s view cover package, you will know there are 3 pages in s view.

But only 2 pages in real s view. no detail missed information could be shown, only show notifications.

I called samsung technical service, and they said only 2 pages in s view so far. So bad...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ian8359

Its $69.99 here in Toronto at BB / FS / Rogers stores & Bell stores. Same with Telus.

Yea that is one of the reasons why i never bouight it. Why spend that much on a case just for 2 pages..

Hi Meowmix,

it's too late to know.

I supposed to read missed calls, messsages in s view. That were convenient.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ian8359

That is true. It is convenient for that. Why i would never get one? Price is way to high for it & second i got one for my S4. My LCD on my S4 cracked because of this. Its a known issue that that happened with the S4 so since then, i never trusted it.

Hello Meowmix,

Could you please tell me how the s view cover cracks the screen?

Thanks.

Hello Meowmix,

Thanks for your link.

I will see if any problems may occur?

I checked my s view case, and I couldn't feel the magnet.There is no thickness difference along the front cover.

Do you have any ideas about the location of magnet?

Could you feel the magnet by hand on your s4 s view cover?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ian8359

I sold my S4 a little over a month ago. I gave back the S-view case after the problem.

Prometheus
I've Been Here Awhile
I have the Note 2 can anyone tell me if the Note 3 is that much that it'd be worth my while to upgrade to the Note 3 ???

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Prometheus,

I'm now the proud owner of the Note 3, and I have to say, it's a great phone.

My only complains related to some of the "customizations" that Samsung forces on you ("My Magazine" comes to mind).

My previous phone was a SGS2, so the upgrade was a wonderful change. But the question is, should you upgrade from a Note 2 to a Note 3?

As a good rule of thumb, there is almost never enough improvement from one genration to the next to make a single-step upgrade worthwhile. Two generations (skip a model) is a minimum, and three generations is ideal.  This will save you money, and keep the phones interesting. If you upgrade from one model to the next, you'll be "happy" but not "amazed" at the changes.

Myself, I did not use the Note 2, but from the couple of friends who have with them don't see the need to upgrade to the Note 3.

Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

@TheyCallMeDoug wrote:

As a good rule of thumb, there is almost never enough improvement from one genration to the next to make a single-step upgrade worthwhile. Two generations (skip a model) is a minimum, and three generations is ideal.  This will save you money, and keep the phones interesting. If you upgrade from one model to the next, you'll be "happy" but not "amazed" at the changes.

Excellent excellent advice. Couldn't agree more. Been my rule of thumb for PC upgrades for years. Great way to save money and get your dollars worth. Otherwise you're just replacing new hardware with more new hardware. Throwing cash down the drain.

Noticed in the past 5 years that yearly new models are just rebadged previous releases with minor tweaks. Not always though. Always best to research before buying as I'm sure you will agree.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?