cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3?

Andrew250
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Rogers!

Samsung's latest rendition of it's Note Series, the Note 3, is rumored to be release September 4th.  When will us lonely Canadians get it?

Regards,

Andy

***edited labels***

866 REPLIES 866

Re: Samsung Note 3?

02ngzara
I've Been Here Awhile

I've got a question and don't know who to turn to. The email address (in Gmail) link embedded in an email crashes the app on my Note 3 for some odd reason. To clarify, I attempted to click on the email address (link) that is in another email to email the other person directly but it says "Unfortunately the Android app has stopped working". What can be done to fix this?? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

ahobcraft
I've Been Here Awhile

I got my UPS slip today to pick up my Note 3. In my excitement I went straight to the UPS store only to see I hadn't read the slip properly and need to pick it up tomorrow! lol  I am excited!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ahobcraft

lol at least you are gettingt it tomorrow!!

BakedGoat
I've Been Here Awhile
Obviously a little too excited!

I wonder if any Note 3s arrived at Rogers today. I ordered one for my corporate account but I haven't received a shipping notification yet...

regrtgww
I've Been Here Awhile

Did anyone else get an update for the Note 3 today? I just got an OTA update and I have no idea what it changed. Still Android 4.3.

Roglebo
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi!

I got an update too (around 21 Meg).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello regrtgww & Rogerlebo

Got the update last night. The update just fixes little minor issues with the stability and security. 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/17/samsung-galaxy-note-3-receives-small-security-and-stability-update...

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi TheyCallMeDoug,

I have just received my Sandisk Extreme 64gb microsdxc card yesterday, and I did some basic tests on the card:
1. when I record a 4k video, I saw the same rate as you when it saved to SD card, so I guess it's the camera not the card
2. I downloaded a app called "SD Tools" from Google Play, and did a quick test (you need to change the path to /storage/extSdCard), and the Read/Write speed I got was 24.3/19.3 MB/s

Can you do a quick test with the SD Tools on your card and let me know your results?

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Note 3 Problem:  I can't hang an an active call!

This is a curious one...

I tried to test it by calling the phone, and it hung up no problem. But I tested it from a number which is in my contacts list.

Twice I've received calls that were from numbers not in my contact list (example: telemarketer). I pulled the phone away from my head and the screen was still blank.  I was unable to get the screen to stop being blank by pressing any/all buttons.

The first time it happened, after 10 seconds or so of trying, I *was* able to get the screen to pop up. (not sure how)

The second time it happned (just now), I couldn't hang up for several minutes.  Worth noting: The other person had forgotten to hang up on their end, and I could hear them talking in the background.

Ironically: That person was a Rogers representative who had called to find out if I like my new phone!   I was able to shout into the phone and she heard me and came back on the line.  Her suggestion was to call *611, which I will do.  

Side Note:  Despite trying really hard, she was unable to improve on my $68/mth for 6GB.  She offered me a super "deal" which would have been about $20 more than I'm currently paying.  

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi

@

i have the exact same problem today. And also discovered this issue after a phone call from Rogers regarding my new phone. he didn't hang up the phone either. I almost think it was me posted this 🙂 the only way to turn on the screen  during the call is pluging in the headset. now I change the setting of the phone (setting - device - call - turn off screen during calls. ) hope that helps.

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Han0747,

I searched the Interwebs and found that this problem is common enough (in that, it's been reported on various websites), but nobody had a great solution for it.   The Rogers Tech Support guy I talked to was immediately familiar with the problem without having to look it up, suggesting I wasn't his first call on the topic.

I think turning off the screen during calls (set to: don't turn off) would function as a work-around, but you really want to turn off your screen during calls.    I ran my previous phone with the screen on during calls for a while and the result was that my cheek kept pressing buttons. It was very annoying.  So I really want this feature to work.  (plus, you know... power consumption)

Given we have a "free phone swap within 15 days" I'm going to see if it happens again, and if so, I'll try swapping for a new phone.  (in the next 4 days)

I've also tried a "Live Chat(tm)" with a Samsung Tech Support person, but that's a painful experience at best.  (My suspicion is that the place is staffed by an Eliza program hooked up to a database of responses.) 

The guy actually said: "However, as of now we do not have any reported issues regarding the same."

So... um... apparently they don't have the Internet where they are.   More to the point, the phone is brand new, so any reported problems will also be new.  (this is me giving them an out)

Anyone else seeing this problem?

You can test it by dialing *#0*# then click sensor button. Screen should be white. And cover the proximity sensor screen should turn green and vibrate. Mine is always green.

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Han0747,

Thanks for that very useful diagnostic menu!    (storing that one for later!)

My proximity sensor is also always showing "PROXIMITY 1.0" (meaning: "on", I believe) and is green, and vibrating.

Time for an exchange, I believe.

I exchanged a new one. it is working fine now.

deham
I'm Here A Lot

My local Rogers store starts carring the S view case for Note 3, $72 after tax. I was trying to find out if it does support wireless charging or not in the store. But neither me nor the sales could  find anything useful from the packaging. Any one has idea?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello deham

That's to much for a case so i got a Tech21 case from Bell for $32. Shock proof and does not damage the sides or back.

Also i don't think it does support it.

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi Deham

Wireless charging is not very useful, first it charges very slowly, second you can't use the phone while it's charging. To me it's a No.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lagjazz

I have to agree with u. Its kinda useless if u can't use the device

gageev
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey everyone! I I ordered a note 3 oct 5th through the corporate call centre. I still havent got shipping details. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!