cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3?

Andrew250
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Rogers!

Samsung's latest rendition of it's Note Series, the Note 3, is rumored to be release September 4th.  When will us lonely Canadians get it?

Regards,

Andy

***edited labels***

866 REPLIES 866

Re: Samsung Note 3?

LSFT
I Plan to Stick Around

BTW

Jet Black is still #52 - OPEN

White is IN PROGRESS.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LSFT

That could be correct BUT i would not trust the reps word unless i see it for my self. Last year the Note 2 was $299 on a 3 Year term & then was going down & down to $199.

I would love if the Note 3 would be $229 BUT want to see if first to believe it. Sad thing is that Rogers does not show the pricing anywhere & there is no leak for the pricing with Rogers or any other carrier.  Only Wind lol.

Yea it seems White is going to go IN PROGRESS today & now Black unless they do Black as well.

is2013
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry got busy with work.

I was #67 in white.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello is2013

Its okay. Most White ones have gone IN PROGRESS status meanwhile the Jet Black ones are still OPEN status.

is2013
I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully, black ones will go in progress by tomorrow. I can't imagine them not having both on the same day.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello is2013

That is what i am thinking as well. I really doubt Samsung Canada just shipped Rogers frost white Note 3's & none for the jet black.

What i am think is that maybe they have them in stock but just did the white first & then the black ones & if the do not have time will do them tomorrow OR in reality they never got black ones which i really doubt they never got any.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #16 for white and I'm in progress too.. This is so much less aggravation then the 5s.. I saw someone talking about getting a 64gb microSD.. Shouldnt we only need a 32gb one since it comes with 32gb already??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello charlo1108

Yea white ones seem to be the first ones to go IN PROGRESS status.

Well i have a 32GB memory card. I use the memory card for music, pictures, Videos & some apps. The internal 32GB memory ( 29.5) i believe) will be used for downloading apps, taking 4K videos & pictures.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
Can you put a 64gb memory card in it?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello charlo1108

Yes you can!. The Note 3 support 64GB memory cards.

Tommy_1989
I Plan to Stick Around
Thank everyone,

For SD card I think I will get the 64GB Lexar micro sd at Walmart. It is a ush-1 and is only $55~ I used it for me go pro 3 as well.

Tommy

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Tommy_1989

That is a good deal!. I have a 64GB memory card in my Q10 & my 32GB memory card will be in my Note 3!

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around
I would have been changed to IN PROGRESS if I didn't cancel the white! 🙂 but hope they process the black soon and hoping I can get the note3 next week???

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lagjazz

At most most we should get them at launch. I am #6 for the jet black so i really doubt i would have to wait until next week for it.

Really hoping tomorrow they can start the process for the black ones!

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around
I have decided to give Sandisk Extreme 64gb microSDXC card a try, although it's a bit more expensive.

Roglebo
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi!

Bell Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to cost $799.95 outright :
http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/01/bell-samsung-galaxy-note-3-to-cost-799-95-outright/

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

lagjazz,

I've ordered my "SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1".   Mostly because amazon.ca doesn't list the "Extreme" version. Specs suggest it'll be sufficient, although I haven't confirmed the required data rate of the highest quality video.

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi TheyCallMeDoug,

There is no confirmation yet on if Note 3 supports UHS-1, so I am not sure it will take the advantage if I get the Extreme version, and because the known compatibility issue of Sandisk Ultra on Samsung Galaxy phones, I am not sure if I want to go with Sandisk, people say the Samsung Pro UHS-1 might be a better option for Note 3, and it is sold on amazon.ca for around $70. But I am still impressed by the 70M/40M read/write speed of an Sandisk Extreme, which is perfect for hi-speed video recording.

Note 3 and smart gear

Elge87
I've Been Here Awhile
Anyone know if rogers will be doing the get a note 3 you can also get the watch for 100 dollars off?

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

lagjazz,

Well, you've given me cause for concern. UHS-1 is supposed to be sufficient for high def video, but if it isn't I'll post here and let people know. 🙂

I've had good luck with Sandisk in the past, including good customer support, so I'm not (as) worried about past incompatibilities.

Follow-up to earlier in the thread:

Unfortunately, the first reviews of the Samsung Gear are coming out and they are exactly what people feared: The thing is very "1.0".

http://gizmodo.com/galaxy-gear-smartwatch-review-potential-miles-from-re-1431208144

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
Does the Note 3 take SDXC micro sd cards?