Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
king_tut
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Note 3?

@allanligon

Well yea and no..... if you buy the phone outright, you will still have that existing $411 tab..... but you won't extend your contract anymore than it is already.

If you pay you're tab, then buy it at $249.99, it will be a bit cheaper, and then your flextab will repopulate with the amount from your Note 3 (I'm not exactly sure what the amount is to be honest).

So it depends what is more important to you. I usually sell of my previous phone, use that money to pay off the cost of my flextab/some cost of the phone and just renew for another 2 years... or until I decide to pay off my flextab again.

I would go ahead and pay off the flextab and purchase at $249.99... just my opinion.

Hope that all makes sense.
lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi TheyCallMeDoug,

Sadly, it was confirmed that Samsung Note 3 does not support UHS-1, so you wont get the full speed of UHS-1 cards, as the compatibility issue, Sandisk are awared of they had a bad batch of Ultra cards and they are trying to exchange it. Some people said for the Ultra cards you should format it as FAT32 format to avoid the issues, also some other people said , exFAT may give you better performance but may also cause compatibility issues, you need to do some research to find out which format you should format the card to, so far the Extreme is still the fastest card for Note 3 even UHS-1 is not supported.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/319895-uhs-1-compliant.html

allanligon
I Plan to Stick Around

king_tut and gravol.. if i decide to go to the $411+$249 route, does my pan features will still apply for the new 2 year extension? knowing rogers, they will say again that my plan has expired and i need to re-negotiate again for the features and price...
Gravol
I Plan to Stick Around

Right I didn't take into account the 411$ plus whatever the note costs..he's right but the flextab out and just upgrade that's what I'm doing, my tab is 300$
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Thank god I don't have to pay my flex tab because I sold my iPhone 5 and got 550 out if it lol. Flex tab is $320+249.99 phone = $569. so I will only be paying $269 lol
king_tut
I Plan to Stick Around

@allanligon

If you're plan comes is at least $60 a month before taxes and before discounts, then you can keep your plan. I'm also assuming your data is compatible with The Note 3.... pretty much any data pan is compatible unless it's a blackberry specific data plan. Then you'd have to switch to a smartphone data plan.
allanligon
I Plan to Stick Around

@king_tut.. my plan is around $60 taxes in with 6gb data plan.. my current phone it IP5. so i think it's compatible..
king_tut
I Plan to Stick Around

@allanligon I would check online and make sure it's $60 BEFORE taxes and discounts, otherwise, they'll make you change it.
king_tut
I Plan to Stick Around

PS - My Black Note 3 is stillllllllllllllllll IN PROGRESS!! It's a sad day for Tut.
Sunyang
I'm Here A Lot

@

Actualy mine says delivered....  it's even been signed by the guy I know that works at the drop off I picked.

So question is can I convice him to give it to me today? lol