Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Note 3?

I got my UPS slip today to pick up my Note 3. In my excitement I went straight to the UPS store only to see I hadn't read the slip properly and need to pick it up tomorrow! lol  I am excited!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ahobcraft

lol at least you are gettingt it tomorrow!!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Obviously a little too excited!

I wonder if any Note 3s arrived at Rogers today. I ordered one for my corporate account but I haven't received a shipping notification yet...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Did anyone else get an update for the Note 3 today? I just got an OTA update and I have no idea what it changed. Still Android 4.3.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

I got an update too (around 21 Meg).
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello regrtgww & Rogerlebo

Got the update last night. The update just fixes little minor issues with the stability and security. 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/17/samsung-galaxy-note-3-receives-small-security-and-stability-update...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi TheyCallMeDoug,

I have just received my Sandisk Extreme 64gb microsdxc card yesterday, and I did some basic tests on the card:
1. when I record a 4k video, I saw the same rate as you when it saved to SD card, so I guess it's the camera not the card
2. I downloaded a app called "SD Tools" from Google Play, and did a quick test (you need to change the path to /storage/extSdCard), and the Read/Write speed I got was 24.3/19.3 MB/s

Can you do a quick test with the SD Tools on your card and let me know your results?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Note 3 Problem:  I can't hang an an active call!

This is a curious one...

I tried to test it by calling the phone, and it hung up no problem. But I tested it from a number which is in my contacts list.

Twice I've received calls that were from numbers not in my contact list (example: telemarketer). I pulled the phone away from my head and the screen was still blank.  I was unable to get the screen to stop being blank by pressing any/all buttons.

The first time it happened, after 10 seconds or so of trying, I *was* able to get the screen to pop up. (not sure how)

The second time it happned (just now), I couldn't hang up for several minutes.  Worth noting: The other person had forgotten to hang up on their end, and I could hear them talking in the background.

Ironically: That person was a Rogers representative who had called to find out if I like my new phone!   I was able to shout into the phone and she heard me and came back on the line.  Her suggestion was to call *611, which I will do.  

Side Note:  Despite trying really hard, she was unable to improve on my $68/mth for 6GB.  She offered me a super "deal" which would have been about $20 more than I'm currently paying.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi