cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3?

Andrew250
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Rogers!

Samsung's latest rendition of it's Note Series, the Note 3, is rumored to be release September 4th.  When will us lonely Canadians get it?

Regards,

Andy

***edited labels***

866 REPLIES 866

Re: Samsung Note 3?

thumper
I'm Here A Lot
Note 2 one i mean.

orijahnal
I Plan to Stick Around

As of today most Rogers stores downtown in the eaton or bay area have either s-view or gel cases.  No battery kits as yet. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello orijahnal

Oh okay. I got a Spigen case from Amazon which is going to ship out on Thrusday. Looking for a battery kit but i guess my only choice is getting it from Crackberry & got knows when it will ship lol

Just wondering where did you got your phone from?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cecilia1255

Most if us reserved it when the Rogers reservation was up for the Note 3

EDIT> nevermind. I just checked again and it is gone now for the note 3. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello thumper

Its not in reservation system anymore because the device has been released & launched.

tunefisher
I've Been Here Awhile
Hey MM - I ordered Note 3 Monday from a dealer (I have a business account) - says they don't get stock until next week. Any idea what the delay would be?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello tunefisher

It could be that they only had limited stock. I know a few people that reserved it the last day & theirs just got shipped out. Also some Rogers stores do not have any in stock.

tunefisher
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks MM - you know what it's like waiting for a new toy!

Roglebo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

Handwriting to text does not work.

A patch was installed from Play Store while setting the phone.

But to make the patch working, we have to restart Galaxy Note 3.

Details here :

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/124060-having-trouble-with-the-handwriting-recognition-on-your-samsu...

Roglebo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

There is way to get the highest speed possible on LTE network.

To do so, we have to force Galaxy Note 3 onto band 7.

Last May, I had a discussion with a guy named Steve Punter on Howard forum concerning Galaxy S4.

The same forcing works for Galaxy Note 3.

Here is a part of the discussion :

As I noted in my review for the S4:

To force the S4 onto Band 7 you start the dialer and type *#2263#. This displays the ServiceMode menu, from which you touch on option 4 (LTE Band Preference). From the resulting menu you select option 5 (LTE B7). Now, as long as you have Band 7 where you are, the phone will lock (and stayed locked) on a 2600 MHz LTE signal.

However, please note that while in this mode you are on LTE only, thus you cannot make or receive phone calls, though everything else will work fine including text messaging. To return to standard mode, follow the above instructions, but instead of choosing LTE Band Preference, just choose option 1 (automatic).

Here is the whole discussion :

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1755066-Rogers-LTE-speed-tests-1-4-mile-times-go-here!/pa...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rogerlebo

Pretty cool thing but i find it useless.  Why? \Whats the point of switching it to band 7 if you can't call... I rather have access to calling as well then higher data speeds to be honest. I get 120+mbps on my Note 3. Most of the times so that is pretty good for me. Also if anyone wants to do this, make sure u wont call or have calls coming threw

ahobcraft
I've Been Here Awhile

I hope it's okay I post here. I ordered my Note 3 last Friday and they said stock was available and that I would get it in a 2-3 business days. It's been 7 days now is it possible they ran out before my order was processed? Is there a way for me to find out or do I just have to wait it out?

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ahobcraft

There is no way to find out sadly as we as customers have no access to the warehouse. You can call in & see if they can see something but most likely ran out of the devices prior to your order.

ahobcraft
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix. That's what I thought Smiley Sad

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ahobcraft

Most likely more stock will come in Tuesday!

SwordFish99
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having issues with the sound on my Note 3. Everything was fine until I went to change Soundalive setting in the music playr and everything went quiet. I can't seem to get much volume from my phone anymore. I have rebooted multiple times and can't get it to return. I have to crank the volume almost all the way up for it work properly. Anyone else experience this?

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
@tunefisher

I ordered my Note 3 with my business rep BEFORE the phone even came out and they JUST got it today.. business accounts are treated like crap in general by Rogers plus the business reps don't even care to make any attempts to move quickly either.. Took me three days just to get a response from my rep..

BakedGoat
I've Been Here Awhile

I didn't bothering going through my corporate rep and just called the business department to order the phone thru them. Got an order confirmation on Monday but the phone is backordered and still waiting for my shipping confirmation.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
I had to order one through the rep because it was under "corporately paid" so I didnt have level one acccess.. For my other business line, I had level 1 access and the trick is to just reserve it through the consumer side as a "new line" and then when it arrives at the store, just cancel that reservation and then tell them you want to upgrade your business line.. Consumer gets phones waaaaay faster then corporate, it was at the store before launch day
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!