cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3?

Andrew250
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Rogers!

Samsung's latest rendition of it's Note Series, the Note 3, is rumored to be release September 4th.  When will us lonely Canadians get it?

Regards,

Andy

***edited labels***

866 REPLIES 866

Re: Samsung Note 3?

aml
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks Meowmix! It still just shows my old phone, though. I guess it might take a bit for it to update that?

P.s. Sorry for the blank post!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aml

No when it shows that you have a credit for your old device, that its for the $50 mail in rebate

orijahnal
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Aprilia

you still own all your purchased apps....just log into play.google.com and look under My Apps and you'll see everything you previously had installed.  You can simply click install on the computer and your apps will be downloaded to your device.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Everyone!

So i bought the SPIGEN Note 3 case

http://www.amazon.ca/SPIGEN-Samsung-Galaxy-Protective-Protection/dp/B00DCIZKPM

Also i bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 official Battery kit!

http://ca.crackberry.com/samsung-btc-and-battery-kit-ebk800buwegca/8A37A15545.htm

Both are going to be express. If by tomorrow Future shop or Best Buy has the Battery kit, i will cancel it with Crackberry & get it from the store.

motolinus
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey guys,

Got some bad news on my end unfortunately. My jet black shipped to the Vancouver warehouse (Delta, BC) yesterday afternoon, but it still hasn't reached my nearby Authorized Dealer. I visited the shop anyway, but the lady didn't know it was launching today and didn't know the pricing. After looking up the no-term price online, she quoted me $800 because of a +$100 charge for buying outright for this dealer's policy. Is this true from everyone else's experiences? I'm trying to just buy it outright without resigning a contract.

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello motolinus

Sometimes they can do that BUT its not a policy i know of. You should ask them to show you where it states that.

Gravol
I Plan to Stick Around
Hello motolinus

Try the laughed cellcom picked mine up from there this morning no problrms..New west store I was waiting on hadn't received mine yet either

LSFT
I Plan to Stick Around
I got my note 3... now hunting for accessories. Spent 2 hrs at the rogers plus store to get two phones activated. At first it was not getting the price and it ended up being a special case for me since I'm a business account and they had to renew my contact for 3 years to get a lower upgrade price of 229.99.

Oh well. Going to have some fun with the new toy/tool.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello LSFT

Good to see you got it!. Now time to have some fun!!

dachow
I Plan to Stick Around

Anybody else waiting for Cellcom to call them to pickup their phones?  Its 5pm and still no phone call from them,  Called them at 2pm  and they said they will call when they get it..  It arrived at their warehouse yesturday noon..  How long does it take them to drive from Vancouver to Richmond.... 

All this waiting is killing me..

dachow
I Plan to Stick Around
LOL Murphy's Law.... post on forum.. 20mins later get phone call that phone is now in store.

Should have posted earlier... btw.. who's Murphy and how did he get a law... I'll look it up as soon as I get my Note...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello dachow

LOL very nice haha

Civuck
I've Been Here Awhile

Got my black Note 3 this morning - thanks to the Rogers Store salesperson who broke policy by holding it since Wednesday for me in the backroom.   Apparently the only other black one got picked up immediately this morning right when the store opened and before I got there.

A few questions to other new owners:

1) For GTA owners, what sort of LTE speeds are you seeing with the SpeedTest app?   My best speeds so far are 82 Mbps down / 17 Mbps up with a 35ms ping.    Not that that is a bad result, but I guess I was expecting something higher given this is supposed to be LTE Cat-4.    I know the LG G2 results tested by MobileSyrup were well over 100 Mbps.

2) A classic first world problem BUT is the phone supposed to be able to edit (trim) 4K video, as well as take it?   I received an unsupported format when I tried to edit some 4K stuff I took while messing around.   I know, I know - is it not enough a cellphone is taking 4K video?!!  Anyway, just want to make sure it is a known limitation versus something is not working right.   I was able to edit 1080p camera video, for the record.

3) And this question will be for a very small group of owners:   what's the best Link speed you have seen for 5Ghz 802.11ac connections?    Mine is 433 Mbps which is considerably less than my PC which is typically up around 877Mbps.  Real world transfers to the phone over WiFi, I am seeing about 130Mbps to 150Mbps.   Great for Plex syncs!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Civuck

I got 124Mbps for downloading & 43mbps uploading with a 24 ping.

I get that too but remember, i is the first cellphone in the world to record 4K resolution. It may have some issues & get fixed via software updates.

I got around 684 Mbps for that.

bazan
I've Been Here Awhile

Quick question ... was going to pick up my note 3 today..my original plan was:

250 Wkdy & unlimited evening and weekends $20

Iphone value pack with unlitmited msg $30

discount on value ($10.40)

Rogers 2 Rogers $5

LTE 6GB Share $30 

both data and voice expired in 2015  and I have 2 iphones with the same plan i.e.12gb shared data

I was then advised that I have to swithc to the new shared plan in order to do the upgrade as the min$60 only counts the contracted portion ie $50 in my case (voice and data) is that right?

So I have no choice but to switch to the 2 year $120 shared plan + 55$ for the  2nd line.... but I am loosing out on the 12gb shared now only have 6gb...Is this the best option for me for now? or is there something else Ic an switch to... I switched over already so I can pick up the phone not sure if Ic an still change again.

Thanks

Ricky17
I Plan to Stick Around

it should be 699 (outright) + 50 = 749 in total + tax.  I got mine outright with this price from Rogers store.  Don't go to authorized dealer, they might charge more.

alexliu911
I've Been Around

i picked up my phone today for 799.99 plus tax of 895.99, then i checked on rogers.ca, it says 699 plus taxes.

some ppl got it for 699, some ppl got it for 799, some ppl got it for 750.

so i call both customer servics, and the store, the store can't do anything, but  the customer services guy transfer me to customer relation for me and they give me half price on my plan for 6 month, my plan is 85 dollars, plus taxes, now i am paying 42.50 for 6 months, thats  285.6 saving right there. way better than getting 100 back from the store.

just my 2 cents.

dachow
I Plan to Stick Around

Well went to get phone was pretty excitied just to be disappointed.  Phone was there but they couldn't activate my phone.. They said I need to change to a min 60$ voice plan.  and the plan they have is 85bucks unlimited with 1GB of data.

I'm currently on a lower voice plan but on a 30buck 6GB plan. and paying about 60 amonth. 

so for me to get 6GB of data it gonna cost me about 120 per month.

thats double what i'm paying now...  I called customer service and nothing they could do... asked them about canceling my phone and jumping carriers.. cancellation said they can't do anything.  Pisses me off is that i've been with rogers for over 15 years.

My contract with rogers should have expired this month but year and a half ago rogers called me and said did I want to extend my plan .. I told him only if it doesn't mess up my hardware upgrade .  so I added 1.5 years back onto my and my wifes plan

wife upgrade her phone when the S4 came out and didn't have to change her plan as it was slighter cheaper than mine, also with 6GB of data

So I"m stuck with rogers for another year or I'll have to pay a 200buck cancellation fee.

I'll try calling retention 1 more time.  and then I may just take my bussiness else where.  I might as well buy a unlocked phone from the Samsung Store and ride out the remaining of my contract.

Sorry just had to vent and wanted to see if anybody else had to go through this...

dachow
I Plan to Stick Around

Question.. if I decide to pickup a unlocked phone does that mean I would lose my 40 buck reservation fee?

regrtgww
I've Been Here Awhile
Got my Note 3 and wondering if these issues I have are normal for anyone else who has their phone. My home button is quite loose and I can wiggle it around quite a bit. If I put both thumbs on it I can shift it left and right. Doesn't seem like it is flush. And also when I keep the menu/touch tones on the dew drop makes a click in the background as well almost as if it is making a keyboard press as well. Any feedback would be great! My Note 2 does not have these issues.

Hypsternautica
I've Been Here Awhile
I'm in the exact same boat. Been an Apple user since the 1st iPhone but its time for a change away from Apple. I need a bigger screen and I love the new features in the Note 3. But just like you, I've spent thousands on Apple apps/entertainment and will have to buy all new for Android but I still have an old iPad 2 but iOS 7 is making it lag really bad.

Congrats to all of the (past )Apple users that are trying out Android. I hope I'm not disappointed.