cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3?

Andrew250
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Rogers!

Samsung's latest rendition of it's Note Series, the Note 3, is rumored to be release September 4th.  When will us lonely Canadians get it?

Regards,

Andy

***edited labels***

866 REPLIES 866

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GCT

You are welcome!. You see even Best Buy & Future Shop have their lips sealed on the Note 3. No other device had this before so i am guessing either Samsung Canada is doing something for us OR wants to wait until Tomorrow or Tuesday to release the price info & such.

My guess is that if you upgrade to a Note 3, you get a discount on the Galaxy Gear if you get both from Rogers. That may be one. Maybe we will get something for free like LG G2 & Nokia Lumia 1020 with the free cases. No one knows but i hope we do.

GCT
I've Been Here Awhile
Hey Meowmix
Yah I hope that too, free stuff is always good or a deal would be nice too. My only concern is the availability of the galaxy gear , since it's been so quiet we don't know if they will have them or what quantities, and if u have already reserved a note 3 how will u reserve a galaxy gear watch, 3 or 4 days does not really give them time to know how many they need or what orders they can fill or nothing , from what I have read 3 colours of the watch are coming to canada but they can't ask everyone who already reserved the device what colour they want now, it's too late , so it kinda makes me worry that we won't be seeing it from the big 3 or anything on launch day possibly get a coupon or something to order it from samsung directly or something but the. We can just put it on the rogers bill and pay later

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GCT

Yea i agree with you. Honestly i have no clue what they are going to do. We are all speculating on what may happen. I am hoping just for a free case. The Galaxy Gear would be nice but i would barely even use it compared to a case or a extra battery.

To think of it, i really doubt the carriers will give out the Galaxy Gear with the Note 3. They may put them up for sell & give us a coupon or a discount but who knows.

arnonefamily
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved a Note 3 last Monday. I cannot figure out how to check my place in line on myrogers.

Can anyone help?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello arnonefamily

Log into My Rogers - Overview - Device Reservation. It will take you to a Wishlist page & will refresh with your cellphone number & it will show the reservation # & Color you picked.

arnonefamily
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix. #220 Black.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello arnonefamily

You are welcome. I am #6 for Jet Black

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lagjazz

lol very nice!. Yea i rather stick with Black & if i really want a color back battery door, Samsung will be selling some or i can get a third party one!. I will most likely keep the phone all black!.

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Lagjazz

i am actually liking that one!!! I most likely will get it:)

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around
Which color are you liking? Black? The orange looks good too.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lagjazz

I am liking the Black with silver one it!. I also like the Orange

It says they only have 1 left for the black one!!!

lagjazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lagjazz

I am not going to buy the Belt Clip. I am getting the Black Ultrathin Case tho!

Scratch that. Black case is sold out:(:(

Vinch2012
I'm Here A Lot
I'm #13 for the black, switching from ip. This might be useful once we got the note 3. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UW2XtJPQB4

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Vinch2012

Very nice!. Rogerlebo had posted the same video but someone else doing it! 😛

I will be doing all those tips & tricks whne i get mine!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lagjazz

If you want the black one, i found someone else that is selling the same cases!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ultrathin-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-N9000-Leather-Case-Protective-Cover-Black...

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

On the subject of the Samsung Gear, I'm torn.

I like the concept, but I strongly suspect that it's going to be VERY "1.0". I mean... what are the chances that it'll be good out of the gate?

The fact that nobody has done a good watch/phone suggests it's risky.

I wonder if I could get a rain check on that $100 rebate? (Sigh)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello TheyCallMeDoug

Rain checks will not be given out unless the Galaxy Gear is out of stock... If you want, i suggest not getting it & waiting for the next one to come out. I most likely will not get it. Why? Because i spent $450 on a Armani Exchange watch so i wouldn't spend another $200-$300 for another watch. Also i wouldn't be wearing it anyways.

I will wait for the next version & if i like it, i will get it.

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

Yes, I've pretty much decided that I won't get the 1st generation of the "Gear".

My reasoning is: $200 is a lot to spend on a gamble that it'll be great. But $300 isn't that much to spend on something that has proven to be great.

And since my bet is that it won't be superb out of the box, I'm willing to wait.

(With apologies to any Samsung peeps reading this.)

Also, I've been bit too many times by 1.0 devices that end up being underpowered and the specs don't quite live up to the ambitions of their creators.  (cough) HTC Dream (cough).  And how long have the developers had the SDK? (quick search) Actually, it seems that no developers outside of Samsung have the SDK. It's brand new, so "sure". But has this product been rushed into production, or have they been refining the software for a year? I don't know. I bet we'll find out when the first reviews roll in. If they were confident in the product, then I would expect that $100 bonus would last for longer than 2 days. We shall see.

Pure speculation. I'm just trying to justify my decision.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!