Samsung Kies Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Samsung Kies Problems

Tried so many things... got the new kies installed, but it won't recongnize my phone, says it'll have an update for it soon.  Someone here must have put on the new 2.2 on their phone under the same specs as me.

I know I can use a different computer w/ XP and prob resolve the problem, but I want it to work on my laptop which I use for work, etc...

Thanks folks.

***edited labels***

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Kies Problems

I know it's an old problem, but here is the deal.  With months of struggling I finally got my laptop with XP to recognise and use Samsung Kies somewhat successfully with my Samsung Galaxy s 2.2.

But now I went and got a new Desktop with Windows 7 64 bit and no matter what version of Kies I use, what drivers I install for kies etc etc I just can't get it to work.  I am able to see my SGS in windows explorer and transfer files too and from the phone, but I can't use the kies program and back up my contact list, sync my calander etc  and I obvioulsy wont be able to use it to upgrade my phone when Rogers finally releases the 2.3 which I am hoping will finally solve some of my other problems.

Reading a lot of the webpages online I've read that windoes 7 64 bit versions can't run kies properly.  Is this true??

And if anyone out there is using windows 7 64 bit and got kies to work properly without a rooted phone, can you please tell me how you did it?

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/all-phones/SGH-I896ZKARWC/index.idx?pagetype...

That's where I got my Kies from. I am using Windows 7 professional 64-bit and my Kies is working fine. Try Uninstalling then reinstalling the Kies also make sure you connect your phone using Kies mode.  

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Nitin for the advice.  I appreciated it.

I tried the program from the Samsung site that you posted....I think I probably had originally gotten it from there before, but I tried it again just to make sure.  I'm also fairly certain it was the exact same version number as well.  But alas, I had no luck though.

I still don't get why some people seem to have problems where others don't.  Anyone else figure out the solution to this Kies problem???

I've Been Around

Did you make sure to switch your USB settings from Mass Storage to Kies (Firmware Update)? Unless you do that Kies is useless to you.

Settings > Applications > USB Settings > Kies (Firmware Update)
I'm Here A Lot

Hey kcmelo,

Yea I had it on both Kies(firmware Update) and the ask on connection settings.  Neither worked.  I even tried the usb debugging both off and on.  No luck.  😞

Thanks for the response tho.