Samsung Galaxy s2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy s2

Hi Gina,

Does this mean that Rogers will offer the S2?

Otherwise, the forum is largely on topic....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been told by a Rogers rep that they're getting the Infuse and NOT the S2 ! I'm heading to the local Rogers store in a few minutes to confirm . If that's the case , I guess I'll have no choice but to go Bell or Virgin mobile . I called the local Virgin kiosk , and they said they expect the S2 's in this week , and they'll call me when they land !

I would expect much more from Rogers - at the very least they could get on these forums and quell the rumour mill ! Put the facts out there for your loyal customers Rogers !

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)

We don't comment on products we haven't launched yet. Redboard is a great place to find out what's happening.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

"We don't comment on products we haven't launched yet"

One might assume that they would comment on a product that they're NOT going to launch. IE - 'we're NOT launching that product'

Somewhat faulty logic : 1, me getting an S2 on Rogers : 1

... wait.... what???

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I already wrote to Rogers specifically about the S2 asking why they weren't getting any of the latest phones, while the competition smashes them with all the newest phones.

Here was their response:

As well as wireless devices, Rogers is currently working on Long Term 
Evolution (LTE) Wireless Network. LTE allows significantly more data to
pass through at higher speeds resulting in a more efficient network.

Way to not even answer my question!

I'm really ticked at Rogers because I was really hoping to see the S2 or something similar to it.  My contract is up and I was going to resign with a nice S2.  But they seem to not care about it.  I think I'm going to go to Bell as they seem to actually care about phones their customers want.

Such a shame.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Vgrove,

I agree with you on that.

And I too was hoping to see the S2 with Rogers since my contract is up as well.

I guess I have to look at Bell or Virgin.

Rogers...way to go to lose customers!!!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Lte? Sounds to me like Rogers low on funds and cannot upgrades their tower n provides great phone for us.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not a big fan of Bell. Can anyone with experience with Virgin Mobile recommend their network ? All I got was the runaround at my local Rogers dealer ! I'm pretty "upset" with their double talk . They told me "Maybe next quarter ?" . Clearly sidestepping a direct answer .

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i will consider moving to Bell/Virgin only if they get the gs2 version that has the Exynos chip. The tegra 2 version will have poor HD video playback and poor flash support on browsers like the other tegra 2 devices

Hi everyone,

A quick reminder that the community is a place for technical discussion. This thread is off-topic. If you would like to start a new discussion that is technical about the S2, please do!