cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE - Touch Screen Unresponsive

MB82
I Plan to Stick Around

So I have had my phone since early summer and no problems until the last week or so.

Basically the touch screen has started to lag or becomes completely unresponsive. I just got the latest 4.0.4 android update.

A few examples of it not working:

- The screen will not unlock to my touch for up to 10 min at a time. Even when I try to turn off the phone it will not read my hand pressing the shut down option.

-When texting it lags, a lot. Sometimes the phone thinks I am holding down a letter, or in worse case scenarios the backspace button.

-When the phone freezes up, the back, home, search, options buttons do not work at all.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this from happening?

****Edited Labels****

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII LTE - Touch Screen Unresponsive

yuethere
I've Been Here Awhile
Hmm. I thought it was just me.

Mine does pretty much the same things especially when a program crashes.

asimowalk
I Plan to Stick Around
The second two points are not uncommon with the ICS update. For the keyboard lag, installing a third-party keyboard (Swiftkey) improves it a bit. When the phone freezes, it's not unlike your computer freezing... you shouldn't expect any input to work for a bit while it tries to recover.

The first point is a bit concerning. With a problem like that, I'd recommend doing a factory reset.

MB82
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a little update on my problems. I work up this morning the screen still not unlcoking to my touch. I went to pluged it in to the charger, then unplugged it, and then it worked fine...

MB82
I Plan to Stick Around

Another problemI noticed is that the phone doesnt work when it is cold. I.E. if I leave it outside in my backpack while I go for a job. Or it just hasbent been used over night.

When I put it in my pcoket and it starts to litteral warm up, it works a lot faster. Any ideas?

(I hope someone is still reading this)

asimowalk
I Plan to Stick Around

You should see if you can have it repaired for free or replaced before your warranty is up. Manufacturer warranty is 1 year.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/handset-protection?cm_mmc=Redirects-_-HandsetProtection_Eng-_-Hand...

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation