cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE - Ice Cream Sandwich

mbazdell
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Our phones are officially called the SGH-i727R. The AT&T version is SGH-i727. They are identical in terms of hardware. on AT&T it's called a Skyrocket.

Now that that is taken care of, there is a leaked ICS ROM for the Skyrocket out. It works but is laggy. They're working on that. What does this mean? By Saturday we could have an ICS ROM that works on our phones no problem. This will require you to root your phone. This isn't something that you should do if you do not feel confident in your ability to read.

This post is just a heads up.

**edited for content**

******* Edit labels ********

93 REPLIES 93

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII LTE - Ice Cream Sandwich

shaggyskunk
A Launcher is the software that controls the visual interface &functions with the phone.
Have a look at the play store, and search for Go Launcher EX.... There's a few on the Store, from free to ridiculously expensive (my opinion).. Try some of them out & see which ones you like. There's a substantial amount of flexibility and customization available...

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanx guys!

there is a download on the samsung page for mac version of kies..... just becasue its android doesnt mean there wont be any software made for mac computers geez.... 

***edited for content***

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@ryanwylde wrote:

there is a download on the samsung page for mac version of kies..... just becasue its android doesnt mean there wont be any software made for mac computers geez.... 

Yes there is a Mac version but it does NOT work with the SGH-I727R. Check out the compatible devices supported on Kies Mac please.

Try it.

Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE 

Macbook Pro 17" Mac OSX Lion [✕]

Toshiba Qosmio Win 7 Pro [✔]

D33T
I Plan to Stick Around

@Achilles wrote:

@ryanwylde wrote:

Yes there is a Mac version but it does NOT work with the SGH-I727R. Check out the compatible devices supported on Kies Mac please.

Try it.

Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE 

Macbook Pro 17" Mac OSX Lion [✕]

Toshiba Qosmio Win 7 Pro [✔]

It's true.. I downloaded the mac version and then of course noticed that it's only compatible with 2 devices none of which are the SGH-I727R..

paxxxx
I've Been Around
Don't here the nexus. It looks pretty buy it runs horribly. I had one before I got the s2lte. It lagged So bad from live wallpapers, and a simple drawing application would cause it to freeze up all the time and this was fresh out of the box. The memory is being used primarily just to have the thing turn on. You will have about 180mb left of a 1gb processor. As with the lyrics you have 500mb to play with.

apex launcher

any news on the release?

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around
Touchwiz is brutal. I checked out HTC Sense on a One X today. Holy cow does it make touchwiz look amateur...

Regarding ICS, I think I'm just going to give up checking and wait another month before checking again. The daily disappointment is depressing me.

I just think Rogers needs to realize that timely upgrades are a "feature" of a carrier. Customers expect features for their money. Bell has rolled ICS to their GS2's. I can't believe how far behind we are. Rogers needs to step up.

mbazdell
Topic Stats