Samsung Galaxy SII LTE - Ice Cream Sandwich

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII LTE - Ice Cream Sandwich

Even Google's most recent release for the Nexus, may have fixed some things... But it's also caused a bigger problem... Signal issues!

But maybe rogers could figure out a way to, push the ICS update for our phones, without disturbing the "precious" extras that rogers includes?
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Even Google's most recent release for the Nexus, may have fixed some things... But it's also caused a bigger problem... Signal issues!

But maybe rogers could figure out a way to, push the ICS update for our phones, without disturbing the "precious" extras that rogers includes?

Yeah Shaggy, some people reported downfalls while others reported a better everything with ICS. Some Skyrocket users have reported increased signal strength, better battery life, speed, etc. guess wait and see. Hope it pushes OTA soon.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea thankfully my Galaxy Nexus is still at 4.0.2 with Rogers. Never got the update for the 4.0.4 yet.

Rogers needs to approve & start working on the update & release it as fast as they can. No more excuses or waiting. Its really bad.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having a seriously hard time picking between the GS2 and the GNexus. So far it's down to battery life and I've narrowed it down to the nexus having better battery but I'm wondering if it's not because of ICS. Can anyone with ICS on their s2 comment on the improvement in battery life?

I think I'd rather get an S2 for the LTE as I have a 6gb plan but if the battery life sucks it's not worth it.

Highlighted

@tobesedated wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if Rogers simply got off their and released the update to us? Then all of this would be moot. I rooted my phone. I tried installing supposed ICS's compatible with my phone to no avail. Now I'm nervous to try any of them. I hear or rather read, this works this doesn't. Reset this reboot that. Rogers annoys me. If I wasn't locked in for 3 years I'd go elsewhere even if it cost me more. I also have little faith that any Rogers employee, or one with any pull any ways, even reads this.

**edited for content**

i'm running Sky ICS now. it's very stable and been using it for about a week. No issues at all and really enjoy ICS on my SGS2 LTE.

Highlighted

@GaryD wrote:

I'm just as frustrated with Rogers like everyone else, but lets not blame too much on Rogers about this.  Google did release it quite late to the public so it does take time for Rogers to look through the update before adding bloat to it.  I mean lets face it Rogers at least only add 4 bloats at the most and most are somewhat useful.  Unlike AT&T bloatware it basically makes your phone totally useless until their  uninstalled by rooting.  The great thing about the SGII is that you can hide them in a folder somewhere and forget their even there.  

I never really understood how bad AT&T was until I flashed an AT&T ROM. It seriously is scary how much crap they put on their phones compared to Rogers.

The real hold up is Samsung. They need to write drivers that are compatible with Android 4.0 so the hardware works properly. That takes time when you have 10 phones all with different hardware.

Highlighted

@Zmeu wrote:

I think I'd rather get an S2 for the LTE as I have a 6gb plan but if the battery life sucks it's not worth it.

It's personal preference, but the internet speed difference with LTE is very noticable. When I use my fiancee's Galaxy Nexus I feel like the phone is overall slower simply becasue surfing and downloading is slower.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but at the same time speeds on LTE are amazing but if you have a small data plan its not the best for you. Going on LTE you will go over lets say 500MB or 1GB of data IF you surf the web a few hours a day or watch HD videos on Youtube. I know many have had issues which they went on LTE once it came out & they went over the data within a few days..

Yes i do have the Galaxy Nexus & the HTC Raider & i can see the slower speeds on the nexus but really its not that slow.. I am sure you have 2 seconds to wait for a page to load up..

Yes the ATT Software has way to many bloatware on it. We complain about Rogers but you should see theirs..
Highlighted
I've Been Around

ICS has stable releases that have been leaked, I'm running one right now.  They are perfectly compatible with the Rogers 727R, as the ATT version is virutally identical.  I used Titanium Backup to remove the bloatware, and keep my data off unless I'm using it.  I also used TB to 'freeze' google maps, which is a big battery sucker.  I can go a day and a half without charging using this configuration.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy SSI LET - Ice Cream Sandwich

I'm tired of waiting for this 4.0 update for my galaxy s2....i've been reading these forums of when the assumed available date will be and there has been nothing but hopeless wait...i'm actually considering on another wireless supplier...**bleep** you rogers with this hopeless long wait...