cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

pktlam
I Plan to Stick Around
so is it confirmed that all the gold s6 s6 edge will ship with the wireless charger regardless of upgrade new contract or outright purchase?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @pktlam

Yes its been confirmed & i also said this many times. No matter what you pick, u will get it for free...

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

hi , the samsung galaxy s6 edge is amazing and beautiful , pictures comes out amazing and the design is excellent. i want have to say screw other smart phones.  samsung did a excellent job

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kyleh

Exactly but also remember this isn't just a phone, its a superphone lol

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

yes i know its a smartphone, screw iphones 

pktlam
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix hehe not doubting you it's just some stores will try to hide it from you and then give it as a "free" gift to their actual customer that comes in for a renewal or new activation. I've seen it and my friend that used to work at one of these store say they do it all the time.

comcry
I Plan to Stick Around

I finally got lucky.  I went into the store also and had them give me a phone.  I called first and had them put it on hold until I got there later that evening.  I had to get the 64GB.  No where had the 32GB.  I also got the clear view case!!  Wow...love it!  Such a beautiful phone.  Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.  I really hope you guys get your phones tomorrow.

I did not get the charger.  I was told that i would have got it if I waited to have it delivered but since I went to the store, I do not get it.  HOwever, I don't think I was suppose to get it either way.  I thought it was for "shared plans" only.

ehmzz
I Plan to Stick Around
Im no.3 in business accnt 32s6 edge and my stat still in progress ...no tracking no. As well 😞 y no phone yet?? I thot im gonna get it today

spegs
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't reserve the phone, but I did purchase it last week. 

Spoke to a rep today who said that the phone is back ordered :(. 

Looks like I'm in for the long haul. So excited though and happy to hear that others are at least getting theirs! 😄

Irisviel
I Plan to Stick Around

Was no. 51 for s6 edge gold 32 gb, status has been in progress since tuesday night, did not receive an email regarding its tracking number and stuff so far 😞 also tried calling the store that i have set as pickup location to ask whether they have recevied any gold s6 edges, they said they did not receive any at all. bah i will just forget about this and wait patiently until they send me an email or call me.

Arianny
I Plan to Stick Around

@comcry 

Did you find the Clear view case in store or elsewhere? Still not completely sure of how it looks like because the results that commonly come up are Silver, Gold, Blue and Green view cases haha

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Arianny

I got the clear view case for my Black S6 edge. I got the black one as well. It's honestly one of the best cases I have owned the then Spigen. It let's u wirelessly charge ur phone, it let's u accept calls of decline them and also tells u the time. It doesn't do much other then that. I would highly suggest it.

I got it from the Bell store at the Eaton's center. Barely any Rogers Store or other stores have it. Best Buy at my work doesn't have it either.

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around
The Clear view case is of different colours for different phones.

If you ordered the gold s6 it s6 edge, only the gold case would make sense.
To be honest the colour used on the back side of the clear view case for the gold version looks cheap. It's too dominatingly gold.

The Gold colour of the phone is great but the case is too dark gold.

comcry
I Plan to Stick Around
I got my case at Rogers. They had a lot of them in Oshawa. They had a lot of phones also, so it seemed but no 32gb.

I must be color blind because this phone looks silver to me, which I love. I got the silver case and I think it looks perfect! !

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Annayya

Yeah that's true but u can still use a silver one on a black model or blue on black. It doesn't really matter as the phone will be in the case lol.

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought of that @Meowmix

I like the silver and black cases but since people know that a gold case exists for the gold phone it would be weird to put a different coloured case. I like the case but I don't love it which means I will likely replace it with something else in a few months.

The white case in this ad looks too good. I don't remeber the last time I saw an ad so good for a case. Maybe this is why they demand $60 for it. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_usuzGtfgg

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Annayya

Yeah that is true. I agree with that. To see it that clear ur brightness must me high btw lol. I have mine set on high to see it that clear lol.

That is one sexy case though haha.

Chonger
I'm Here A Lot
Got the call yesterday morning that my phone was ready for pickup. Gold 64gb with charger. I preordered on April 2nd with business rep. Status showed (in progress pre-fulfillment) #5 of 11 at time of pickup.

Like others have mentioned, I think the reservation system was inaccurate. Regardless this thing is SAWEEEET!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Chonger

Glad you will get urs 🙂 🙂

candiman
I Plan to Stick Around

hello

awhile ago deep in the post i thought i read the Nano sims comes with the phones, is this correct? iI hope so or i need to drive 2 hours away one way to buy one. i be picking the phone (finally) up at the post office later on today so just wondering. Hope i not need to do the long drive.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @candiman

They should be giving u one for free with it. That's how it should be. When the devices are sent to ur place, they always add a sim card in the box. The sim card that works for that device.

BTW i wanted to add that SureTap works on the S6 and S6 edge. Worked at Best Buy and Tim Hortons