cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @polishpat

Samsung did that's why they raised up to #1 spot again lol. It seems also Samsung don't make enough edge device as its been pointed out many times. Most desired phone but not enough to supply to carriers it seems.

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

BOOYAH.... So i called the Rogers Plus store at The Exchange Tower (in Toronto at York St. and King St) and the manager there said he had 64gb Gold Edges... just got them today.. 

so i walked up there and within 20mins I was out the door with the S6 Edge 64Gb in GOLD... NO ISSUES .. he said he doesn't know why i was having so many issues!  he was very helpful!! 

I got a call back from the office of the president and he was  VERY helpful.. he said he doesn't know why i was getting such a hard time either and he said he will be contacting each employee i spoke to!!

So in the end Rogers made up for it and i thank @RogersPrasana for escalating my concern.. it was a lot of wasted time on the phone, but in the end I got what i wanted... keep my $52 plan, renew for 3 years, and get my 64 edge in gold..no wireless charger but that's ok ; >

so any store that tells you they don't know when it's relasing or don't know the date.. tell em to go get some more training

here are some pics..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNY2nGORPr7RzFPeXNyS0JoWVk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNY2nGORPr7VzlkRXQzNWhBdU0/view?usp=sharing

comcry
I Plan to Stick Around
Has anyone called Samsung. I couldnt find the number. Curious as to what they are saying. Thx everyone for the updates.

comcry
I Plan to Stick Around
That is where I work...where you on a business account. I'd love to go down but I'm of the understanding that those on business accounts can not go into the sotre.

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

Lucky !!!!! I envy you so much, what a gorgeous beast.

For the rest of us, here is my effort to make our day a little better with this hilarious comedian addressing the Android vs iPhone war https://youtu.be/AYUWSYZSRFs

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

@comcry
yes mine is a business account.. you have to be paying your own bill and they have to be able to access it.. go now dude ; > it seemed they have a pretty good stock level

i litterly just came from there... 

speak to Robert.. he's the manager.. really nice guy

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jeneric28

Very nice! I used to work at the longos down there a long time ago haha.

Glad you got it & now can enjoy it !

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @comcry

Calling Samsung won't do anything. All they will say is contact your carrier. That is all.

comcry
I Plan to Stick Around
I just came back from there. Spoke with Peter and he only had the gold in the s6 not in the edge!!! I have NO luck!!!!! He took my name and number and said he would call me. He said they only had 1 gold S6 left in 32 GB. I told him I'd take a 32 or 64 at this stage I just want the phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @comcry

Hmm well either way atleast they got your name & number just in case they get some, they can call u!

pktlam
I Plan to Stick Around
so did anyone here have the open status go into in progress and actually received a shipping notification yet?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @pktlam

In order for the to happen, the device must be shipped and the status must change to SHIPPED. Only one or two have that's all.

So I just picked up my 2 gold devices.  No issues at all and no physical defects that I see.  Awesome!  FWIW, didn't get a shipping notification.  I phoned my store around 11:30a today to confirm if they had my devices which they did.  Drove to the store and checked out against my 2 lines.  Store wasn't busy at all so it was very quick.  Opened the boxes to inspect after I paid outright.  Perfect as I was initially worried about the s6 edge having possible scratches.  Once back at the office I checked online under Device Reservations and funny thing is the system still says my reservations are In Progress.  Whatever.  I have my devices and I'm happy!

@Tennoh  did you get wireless chargers too?

No.  Its only for upgrades or new contracts.  Not applicable to outright buys.  I also got charged for nano-sim.  At least she was nice to give me 2 sims for price of 1.

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just called my store and checked to see if my phone was there and it is!!! The guy told me UPS dropped them off about 30 minutes ago and he is entering them in the system as we speak and he will call me within the next 2 hours so i can go get it!!!

So the reservation system is screwed up but the phones have been delivered!!! YAHOPOOOOOOO

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Tennoh

That is because they never shipped the wireless charger with urs. I got my edge on outright and got my wireless charger for free and so did many others. So ur never got shipped with the device or they didn't have any.

Glad u got urs though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @polishpat

Glad to hear it's there. U don't need to wait for 2 hours. Since they told u it's there, go get it. The wait time is for them to do it later on. So go get it!

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

No, he told me the manager has to input the phones in the system before he can sell them...and hes got about 100 orders to input.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @polishpat

Doesn't matter. All he can do is input urs whole ur there to get it. That's how it works. All they are doing right now is inputting all of them and give everyone a time line to pick it up. Ur choice but u can pick it up any time..

xvitax
I Plan to Stick Around
lol that's it I'm not reading any more comments. So jealous of people getting the phones today. I'm at #4/31 and still no signs of shipment. I'll probably have to wait until middle of next week to get the phone. BLEH.