cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rocky8 & @TheB3ast

The Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge both use a Nano sim card. Rogers does give one out for free.

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

So is it true that no one in Canada who preordered got the S6 edge gold version yet.

I preordered the 64GB edge gold and now I am scrambling to find a clear view cover gold. It is not yet available anywhere, in store or online. Where can I get this case from ?

I want to have the case on or before April 30th, assuming I get my phone that day.

dynot
I Plan to Stick Around

To those of you who have received your device, did you get your free 100gb OneDrive? If so, what did you do to get it?

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Annayya

This was confirmed a week or so ago that the Gold one would be released April 30th.. The clear view case is sold on Crackberry and on Expansys. Some of them are still on PRE ORDER though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@dynot

Yes you do. I never signed up for it though as I don't need it.

Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix

I placed my order through Business Account so I don't know what my number is in the digital queue, neither did I get any text message telling me when it will be available.

I actually pre-ordered it before April 10th but had to cancel the order to change my plan and then place the order back.

Can it be assumed that anyone who placed an order on or before April 30th for the gold phone is guaranteed to get it in first week of May. Or will it be a small batch of people getting first and the rest have to continue waiting.

I ordered the clear view edge gold case. I guess thats going to be a wait as well into mid May or so. Thanks for the info.

I find it odd that I can't place this order through the Samsung website and that they dont even have the cases in stock after the official release date.

zeus268
I Plan to Stick Around

So I received my Galaxy S6 Edge through my business account on Tuesday. I was afraid that I was going to get the regular S6 because of what the email said but as it turns out I got the right phone!

My first impressions of this phone are that it is a fantastic piece of hardware. The Quad HD screen is unbelievable and is far brighter than the screen on my Nexus 6.

This phone is fast! Everything opens smoothly and quickly and I haven't really experienced any lag thus far. I immediately changed the launcher to the Google Now launcher so that I could come closer to replicating the "vanilla" Android experience that I've had on my Nexus 6. With the launcher installed everything runs extremely smooth and I'm happy with the experience.

There are only a couple of things that I don't care for much on this phone thus far:

1) The battery. For the first couple of days the battery life was absolutely horrid and I was charging it at least 3 times a day. It has improved with time although it usually spends most of it's time sitting on the wireless charger that I have on my desk at work.

2) The Edge screen makes it a little hard to access certain touch screen options from time to time. For example the settings button in the pull down notification bar. This button is on the far right side of the screen and partially resides on the Edge. I find that I need to press it a few times to make it register sometimes. Not a huge issue but still a useability concern from time to time.

3) The fingerprint sensor could be faster. I find it a little annoying that I have to press it over and over again. I have huge fingers though so maybe this has something to do with?

Other than that I LOVE this phone! Touchwiz is so much better than it's ever been and everything is smooth and easy to use. The phone itself is gorgeous and turns heads when I use it at my desk or when out with friends. Even some of my iphone-using friends are considering it now....

I have a cheap, clear thin hard plastic cover on the phone right now and I'm constantly worrying about dropping it because it slips out of the hand easily....

This morning I ordered the Spigen New-Hybrid case and the Flex clear screen protector too. This phone is too nice not to protect properly!

And that's it for now. If you're on the fence and still considering this phone..... buy it! Simply amazing 🙂

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

@Annayya 

u should be able to see your reservation number when login to:

https://reservebusinessdevice.ca/signin.aspx

mine shows #4 out of 33 for the 64GB s6 edge... there is no guarantee it seems to get your device since people are still waiting for their black or white one...

it really depends how many Samsung decides to ship to Rogers and how many of those Rogers decides to set aside for business accounts...

i am gonna try to go into a store on april 30th to get it before they fulfil my order just to get it on time.. as business orders are HORRIBLE... i understand they need to attach the account before they send it out, but still.. horrible..

TheB3ast
I Plan to Stick Around
I don't think I'll be waiting my Rogers reserved S6.

Getting it with another carrier. And the person at one of the stores said they should be getting Edge by end of today.

Was thinking of switching from Rogers anyways but not I am pretty sure I am switching.

I won't get the charger but I won't have to pay $50 to unlock so loosing only like $10 for the charger.

poetic1743
I Plan to Stick Around

@dynot wrote:

To those of you who have received your device, did you get your free 100gb OneDrive? If so, what did you do to get it?

Thanks

It said the 100GB OneDrive was avaialble only for 2years when I signed up??

candiman
I Plan to Stick Around

yea this is getting bad, still waiting in progress since very begining of the release now talking about the gold coming out and still nothing about my black 128 GB, not even on a business account so cant blame it on business part being slow. This pre order thing not even sure why it exist. If this gold comes out and still not hear anything. then there a real big problem with this system. Think it time rogers start making some calls to samsung and finding out exactly what day its coming instead of giving us all run arounds.

TheB3ast
I Plan to Stick Around
Yea. I reserved the gold S6 Edge but when I found out it was releasing on 30th I canceled and reserved the Black.

I was position #100 for gold. If I knew, I would have just waited for gold since its only 10 days away.

Best Buy has many S6s and so do the other carriers. Rogers don't have any. Even on the April 10th when I called the nearest Rogers store they said they never got any won't be getting it soon.

Like on a release day you don't have any phones?

Anyways. I wanted the free charger but I will only lose about $10 since u can buy the charger for $60 and I would have to pay for unlocking the phone to go with a different carrier.

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

hi @TheB3ast  iam from toronto and i got mine samsung galaxy s6 edge 32 gb black from rogers and i have a customer account. my opinion is that you should cancel your business account and get a customer account so you do not have any problem getting a device.

TheB3ast
I Plan to Stick Around
@kyleh
I do have a customer account. Not business account.

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

hi @TheB3ast  which did you reserved samsung galaxy s6 edge or samsung galaxy s6 . i got mine samsung galaxy s6 edge on april 10th that i pre-order since march 1 and i was postion 3 and i got mine on april 10th no problem. you should not make your mine at the last mintue and  just got the black when you pre-order in march, then youve could got yours on april 10th.  

where do you live

if you live in toronto than best buy has them in stock

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @TheB3ast

Honestly i am blaming Samsung more then anything at this moment. Not all best buys have stock so @kyleh is wrong. You need to contact the be best buy location near u and see.

candiman
I Plan to Stick Around

that is true samsung is to blame, but sure Rogers as a big corporation can call samsung and get exact details of when and what is going on instead of side stepping us. If i had a huge business and i got massive orders  waiting i for sure would be calling my supplier and getting the details since time is money and got tell customers something so they not go to my competitors. so to me both to blam but samsung is the reason why all this is happening. but we need dates.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @candiman

Even if Rogers gets told a day, they won't release the date due to also maybe samsung doesn't want them to do it. Also no carrier or company release to the public the shipment date or any other information. I do agree that Rogers should call but nothing will be given out in public.

TheB3ast
I Plan to Stick Around
I should have just kept my Gold S6 Edge reserved was #100...Might have gotten it on day 1 as well.

candiman
I Plan to Stick Around

guess next step will be samsung will not honour our wireless charger since been so long and while supplies last. If the gold comes in and the supplies of wireless charges goes to the gold preorders and get sucked up and i not get mine after waiting since day one for my black one, i really going to snap. plus all the others companies samsung is selective giving the phone to are depletely the "while supply last" chargers. If this happen Rogers better suport us in getting ours one way or another even if supplies are gone since we were waiting from day one.

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

i will get my Gold S6 Edge with the wireless charger.. i am #4 in the queue ; > i pre ordered on March 3rd for the White then swtich it the day the gold got annouced.. so therefore i have just as much right to the wireless charger then you do.. just unfortunate your situation is not very pleasant..