cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Tennoh
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone can confirm all the bands that S6 (G920W8) support?  S6 edge (G925W8) should be similar.  

I'm getting conflicting search results on what LTE bands the Canadian model has.  It has B4 (LTE1700/2100) and B17 (LTE700).  No B7 (LTE2600) that Rogers has additionally?  I'd like to know before I buy my reservation outright when available.

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around
@jsinger21
this is normal for a brand new device out of the box... you have to remember when you turn your device on for the first time A LOT is happening in the background.

also you do a lot of app downloading and those files need to setup as well.

the battery needs to calibrate as well.

Also my thought is that Samsung/Rogers needed to get the device out by April 10th and probably released a "workable" OS and will address issues there.. i wouldn't be surprised if apps you download from the playstore cause WAKE issues with the device..

some apps are not developed properly and will prevent the phone from going to DEEP SLEEP or cause wake locks... this will cause the battery to drain a lot faster as well.

usually after the frist 3-4 days the battery starts to settle and then probably a few weeks to a month or so till an OS update improves battery life.

you have to remember you are all the first people in the world to use this device... the EDGE being a new form factor and touchwiz being revamped i am sure there are TONNES of bugs.. you are all beta testers so please be aware of this when u pick up a new device with new tech

hope that helps ; >

SKelly1
I've Been Here Awhile

32G S6 Business reservation made 3/3/15, was #3 in queue.

Resveration was parked 2 days ago when I checked status, said there was a problem, asked me to call in. When I did was told no problem, reservation released.

Status has been in progress (activation) since April 10. No phone, no eta on when it will ship.

I appreciate Rogers fulfils individual order before business, but being #3 in the queue, i should have had this phone last week...

Terrible customer service.

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

hi @SKelly1  Best buy has samsung galaxy s6 and samsung galaxy s6 edge in stock and you can reserved it depending where you live.

SKelly1
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Kyleh

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

your welcome

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

hi @Scarborough

ps which model are you getting

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think Best Buy can do Business Accounts... 

gotta find a corporate store that does business accounts in your area... 

azil83
I Plan to Stick Around

Just curious.. do we have to ativate the sim or is already activated? The one that will be coming in with the box.

jsinger21
I Plan to Stick Around
2 charges so far and I get less than 12 hours before I need a recharge. I hope it gets better soon. I love the phone so far.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kyleh

Best Buy does NOT do business customers. So anyone with a business account won't be able to upgrade there. They can only get it outright. That's all.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @azil83

You have to call in and activate it from what i know.

zeus268
I Plan to Stick Around
@azil83

Did you get your phone today? Was it the Edge and not the regular S6?

I received the shipping notice but was at work late and couldn't pick mine up. Tomorrow I'll grab it at UPS and I'm REALLY hoping it's the Edge that I ordered...

candiman
I Plan to Stick Around

i still waiting for my tracking number since day one when they first release the phones, and i not even on a bussiness plan. 

mattpaulmcnamee
I've Been Here Awhile
#61 in line...had an error on my reservation site as well saying to contact them...i have now called 4 times... and order is STILL PENDING... has ANYONE received their preordered galaxy s6?!?!?

kamichou
I've Been Around

I preordered the White Edge 64GB, and received it at the store on Friday. I was #44 on the list. I'm in Calgary, so I asked the rep if it was busy in the morning. She said they had sold about 10 devices.

The phone I have now was the extra white Edge they had, since the one they set aside with my name on it was missing the SIM card tray. Other than that, no complaints about the condition of the phone, and I also got the wireless charger. 

Hopefully it all works out for everyone.  It seems like Rogers isn't receiving the number of phones they need to complete all preorders. 

Nina815
I Plan to Stick Around
Mine is still open. Was wondering if someone didn't get a free charger because then I'll just go into a rogers store to grab it.

TheB3ast
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is still OPEN. Position #32 on Friday. Position #27 now. Probably because 5 people canceled.

So upset with Rogers. I wanted my phone on day 1. I was okay with couple days wait and now it will turn into couple weeks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @candiman

Hmm that's not Rights at all. It makes no sense why urs hasn't shipped out 😕

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mattpaulmcnamee

Yes they shipped the first batch but some in that batch never got shipped it seems. Also it seems Samsung hasn't given enough to carriers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Nina815

Everyone is getting the free wireless charger as i have said before. Your choice if u want to go get it at the store and pay for a wireless charger