cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around
@azil83
Mine won't ship till april 30th... So i probably won't get the adjustment till then.. There is a store by my house where they deal with business accounts so i will go into the store and see if can pick one up on the 30th.. Just so not k ow what their stock levels will be

dynot
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

- The battery.
The batter lasted me for mostly 12 hrs when testing it on Max usage. I had LTE, Bluetooth, NFC, auto brightness and other features on. I used the browser for about 4 hours and played music for about 6 hours. So far so good. The fat charging is great! 10 minutes and gives u 4 hours. THIS ONLY work's with the fast Adapter they give you. The wireless charger is a bonus and love this feature on it! You can't place the phone anywhere on the plate and it will charge. You have to place the phone on the middle and it will work. So far I am really impressed.

Just to make sure I understand, the adapter and wire are also used with the wireless charger, correct?

I tried fast charging once but not sure if I got 4 hours in ten minutes. Didn't look like it but I wasn't really checking for that (just wanted to charge back up to 100%). My first overnight charge didn't last as long as I expected. Off the charge at 5 AM and needed to re-charge at 2 PM as it was around 20%. Could be that I was using it a lot with all the setting up. Will see how subsequent charges go.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dynot

Yea i used the S6 wire and fast Adapter on the wireless pad as they don't give u anything with the pad. Sometimes you might not see its charging fast but it is!

azil83
I Plan to Stick Around

@zeus268 

Let me know if you talk to a rep about the galaxy s6 being written on PDF.

zeus268
I Plan to Stick Around
@azil83

Funny you asked because I just spoke with a rep. She was unable to access the order as its in "finalized" status. She recommended me to simply return the product once I receive it if it's not the right model. I asked if I could cancel my reservation if it's wrong and pick one up at the store and she said yes, that would work.

I guess the only thing that you and I can do now is wait to see what we receive?

azil83
I Plan to Stick Around

@zeus268 

Honeslty it's easy said then done. The phone has been activated on our number. I might be wrong but we most likely will need to return the phone back via UPS return lable. Once that is received then they would activate the edge and send it to us.  There are many rogers store around my area and none of them deal with business users. Slected stores do. But it will be a headache with all wrong charges of $249 and then getting charged $349.

Lets hope we get the EDGE !!

PS:  I wonder how many more will be gettng a wrong phone :S

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

iam not a business user and i got mine samsung galaxy s6 edge on friday.  thats why i do not like business accounts from rogers and you have to wait to get a new phone after the launch day. My opinion is that you guys should cancel your business accounts and open a customer accounts and you guys do not have to deal with phone shipped to youur house , just picked them up.

powersjeff7
I've Been Around

Hey does anyone know how long the average wait time is for a reserved device here in Kitchener/Waterloo? I have been curious about wether i should worry about a trip i have in two weeks.

zeus268
I Plan to Stick Around

When I receive the phone, if it is not the Edge model, I'm going to call Rogers and tell them to send me the correct model. When I receive this, THEN I will send the regular S6 back. It is not my fault that they screwed this up and I should not have to be "without" a phone while waiting for them to send me the correct model that I ordered.

I've done this before where they send me a new or refurbished phone with all the return packing included and only when I get the new unit, then I send the wrong one back.

This is the proper way to do business on their part. They have to know that people cannot be without a phone if something goes wrong.

Just my 2 cents

poetic1743
I Plan to Stick Around

My comments about the edge is number one, moving apps from one screen to another is really annoying because you have to basically move it right on the edge where the curve is so it's difficult to make it switch screens. Number two, when holding the edge in one hand sometime the edge touches the palm of my hand so when trying to swipe or choose an app with the other hand it sometimes doesn't register or will open somthing that I do not want to open so you need to try and not let any part of your hand touch the  (which is really thin) while holding it. Other then that so far it seems ok.

azil83
I Plan to Stick Around

@zeus268 

I will get my early upgrade fees $99 waived off  lol if they send me wrong phone.

ehmzz
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi when i checked my order in my business accnt y it says error?

And yeah im jealous u guys got ur phone already me i have to april 30th for the s6 edgeg gold...ughh patience patience patience!!! omg takes forever

frith
I Plan to Stick Around

Just gonna throw this out there again and hope my last post was just buried lol, but has anyone tried wireless charging with a case on?  Does it work?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @powerjeff7

Once it ships out u get it the next day.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @zeus268

Honestly it could just be that they put S6 instead of S6 edge on the email. I don't think they added the wrong phone in the package. Hopefully u guys get the edge and not have any issues

mrdrk123
I Plan to Stick Around

I just received my s6 edge but has anyone read this article  http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-Galaxy-S6-edge-fronts-appear-scratched-out-of-the-box-displays-s... ? I think mine has the same issue but its far less worse. its not noticable when using it but only when i shine a bright light onto the display

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @frith

I did post a reply but I guess u didn't see it. I also made comments about this a few times on here. I have a Spigen case on and works just fine. Also u have a official Samsung wallet case and works just fine as well.

On my S5 and Note 4 I changed the backings to the official wireless charging ones and worked exactly like they should be on wireless charging with a Otterbox Defender case on. Sometimes it may not work but that's a small percentage

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mrdrk123

Mine is in perfect condition. I checked it at the store with flashlight and in the sunlight and NO scratches at all on the front and back. I saw those posts on XDA for the T-Mobile models.

If u think u ours has it, go into the store and change it or call Rogers and have them ship u out another one

frith
I Plan to Stick Around

Hehe, didn't see it, thanks though, good to know 🙂

mrdrk123
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix yeah i guess im going to have to compare mine to other models to see if mine is actually suffering from the scratching. btw I receieved the charger, so worried that he was gonna take the charger back when i said i wanted the phone outright haha

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around
@ehmzz
yah i gotta wait till april 30th.. but like you i am getting en error when clicking the link to my order#

i get:

Error Code: E621476