cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

JMTM
I've Been Here Awhile
Sigh... That's exactly what I thought so I was calling it to change it to white
But this csr was telling me there will be no delay and I will get them on April 10th like any other models
At that point I was not going to argue with someone who actually work for the company

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Funny mine was shipped tonight and got notice while I was at Samsung head office in Missasaga for a product line up show lol Can't wait to get it and had a chance while I was at Samsung to see the new S6.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AccordXTC

Hah very nice! I was in bed actually when i got the email & jumped up happy haha.

Nina815
I Plan to Stick Around
I guess they got a second batch of black... mines still open st 52.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Nina815

Hopefully they get some tomorrow!

Nina815
I Plan to Stick Around
thanks meowmix

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Nina815

You are welcome!

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

i check my ups tracking and i saw additional information  Shipped/Billed On:04/08/2015 Type PackageWeight:1.20 lbs is that correct and my galaxy s6 edge 32gb black will be at rogers davisville at the end of the day thursday 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello kyleh

Yes its correct. The weight is more before they have attached the charger with it. That's why. So now just wait until Friday and u will get it.

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

thats so excited

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello kyleh

Yes it is, 🙂

mrdrk123
I Plan to Stick Around

are you saying that are shipping the charger with the phone? my tracking says the weight is 1.3lbs

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello mrdrk123

In most cases it does come with the device. In some cases it will come in another box instead. A device without anything inside just the phone will be 0.90lbs. So that means urs has something extra in it. So i might be the charger just not weighed properly.

mrdrk123
I Plan to Stick Around

both are comming from samsung anyways, i dont see why not package it together haha

cez
I Plan to Stick Around

@DrMike wrote:

Um, what part of "within 4 days" guarantees you are getting it on Friday?  I know that's the launch date, and I know that's what everyone assumes if it has been "shipped" (I am still waiting for my status to change to 'shipped') but that's not what the email from MeowMix said - it said "within 4 days".

From the UPS tracking info:

Scheduled Delivery: Thursday, 04/09/2015, by 12:00 🙂

kyleh
I Plan to Stick Around

i saw the picture of the samsung wireless charger and its so cool, i like it. that god iam getting it for free instead of buying the charger for 59.99 plus tax

TheB3ast
I Plan to Stick Around

I went on YouTube to see the Samsung wireless charger we rgetting for free.

1sr comment. This is a massive con. You still have to plug the charger it self.

u still have to plug the charger but not the phone. Like the air will charge your phone lol.

dynot
I Plan to Stick Around

@TheB3ast wrote:
I went on YouTube to see the Samsung wireless charger we rgetting for free.

1sr comment. This is a massive con. You still have to plug the charger it self.

u still have to plug the charger but not the phone. Like the air will charge your phone lol.

I'm definitely sending it back. What part of WIRELESS does Samsung not uderstand.

Seriously, if there's one thing the internet has thought this generation it's sarcasm. I'm pretty sure he must have been kidding. But you gotta admit, the comment is funny.

Canadiver
I'm Here A Lot
Hey guys, don't laugh too hard about "wireless" charging. A few years back I remember reading about Ericsson working on a way for devices to charge themselves using radio waves. Essentially your phone would be charging all the time. As I recall at the time they could get it worked but was not able to get enough power where you would never have to plug in. It's coming one day.

cez
I Plan to Stick Around
UPS tracking:
04/09/2015 4:19 Out for Delivery

I hope the store calls early tomorrow 🙂

Canadiver
I'm Here A Lot
I hate typing longer messages on my phone, the end of that last one sounded like jibberish, hope you got the drift.
Btw #4 Edge 128gb, shipped.