cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

mrdrk123
I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked mine an hour ago and it says im 39th with a open order for the black edge 32gb, sucks to see that people over 100th place to get theirs in progress, but I understand Rogers doesnt have much control over this and needs to consider units for instore contracts and stuff. I'll keep patiently waiting

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello A_Visitor

That is correct. Most of the reservations have been filled up and started on their shipping process. They either will ship thsm out tomorrow or Thursday night for Friday mid day delivery! Who's ever status changed to IN PROGRESS will get it Friday! 🙂

cez
I Plan to Stick Around

When I reserved the Samsung S4, I saw on tracking information that my phone had been received at the Rogers store so I called them and asked if I could go there now to get the phone. They told me they hadn't seen it yet so I'll have to wait for their call before I could go pick it up.  7 hours later, they called me back to tell me that my phone had arrived and I could go and pick it up.

I know that they won't release the phone until the 10th even if they receive it on the 9th. That much I can understand. I just hope it wouldn't take that long again before they call me to go and pick it up.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello mrdrk123

Weird someone with a lower number then urs changed to IN PROGRESS. Did u check again now or just saying what u saw an hour ago?

That's true as i explained it that Rogers has NO control on how many units they get. They have to allocate the shipment towards the call centre, business reservations, stores and us.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cez

Hopefully not. It also depends on how busy the store is and how many reps they have working. Sometimes the reps that sign the UPS form for the delivery put the stock in the back and never check it until later on. Usually when Mine has been delivered, i call in a few minutes later and ask and if they say nothing came in, I give them the name of the rep that signed it and when it was received lol.

AlexGreat
I've Been Here Awhile
I was 147 for black S6 edge 64GB... I see it's "In Progress"... I guess I'll owe $1100 on Friday... But I figured if I don't eat for 3 months, I should be fine.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AlexGreat

If your buying it outright then yes it will cost that much but if you or anyone else is doing a upgrade on their account, then they will pay the flextab and the amount of the phone on a 2 year term on their next month's invoice.

cez
I Plan to Stick Around
The Rogers store where I reserved my phone with the S4 is the same store I will be picking up the S6 Edge. They have 2 employees but the store is small. It's not a Rogers Plus store so they don't deal with anything but cellphones

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cez

Ah okay so that might be the reason why it took them that long. It all depends right. Hopefully u get it mid day!. Remember most Rogers stores get their shipments around 11-4pm so anytime during that it will be delivered on Friday if it gets shipped out on Thursday night

AlexGreat
I've Been Here Awhile

Meowmix,

I like how you call what they're doing to the account "an upgrade"...

For me to keep what I aleady have they need to "upgrade" the monthly fees only, and by $25. That means that the $500 difference between "buying outright" and "paying monthly" will be covered in 20 months (so right there it's cheaper by $100 to buy outright than pay $25 difference over 24 months), not to mention, in 2 years if I do the same, likely the difference to "upgrade" will be even higher than $25, so it becomes even cheaper and cheaper to just buy outright. 

The problem for most is forking out $1000 on a phone, but if you have it, and especially if you have a good plan for not too much monthly, it makes all the sense give Robbers some money up front and keep your plan. I know guys who are paying $56 after taxes and get 6GB and unlimited Canada talk/text (+VM/Call Display). Got that plan on some sort of promotion years ago... They'd be crazy to give that up even if Robbers gave them a free $1000 phone...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AlexGreat

Its all between the customer and Rogers. I have that same plan u listed and was told to pay a extra $20 and did it. Same don't want to lose their plans as they are legacy plans which aren't available anymore which i do understand but at the same time all carriers are doing it. Your best bet Is to contact Rogers before the upgrade to your new device Is done and see what they can do

theka
I've Been Here Awhile
was 248 for s6 edge black and its in progress wooot

animal
I've Been Here Awhile

So my status is in progress however I haven't received a single email regarding the preorder (I placed roughly 2 weeks ago) or anything regarding the change in status. Is this normal? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello animal

Yes this is normal. The only email you will receive will be the email letting you know it's been shipped with the tracking number. You won't receive a email that ur status has changed to IN PROGRESS.

TheB3ast
I Plan to Stick Around
I was #438th and now #234....

I know lot of you don't know but would you wait so u can get the free charger
Or
Just get it from the store on Friday.

I don't want to wait and not get a charger as well because on web it says while limited quantities last.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

IN PROGRESS I WAS # 33!!

benoitleger
I've Been Here Awhile

Business user. Still #62. Nothing has changed. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello TheB3ast

I am pretty sure they have enough chargers to go around lol. Its all up to you my friend.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello benoirleger

Yeah as i said before it seems like most business reservations will change statuses a bit after they launch the device due to many factors in the business accounts. I have noticed this with all reservations that I have dealt with and threads I have made

benoitleger
I've Been Here Awhile
Good to know. Thank you

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello benoirleger

You are welcome!. Hopefully it won't be to far and u can get it and enjoy ur new toy!.