cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

1,932 REPLIES 1,932

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

dynot
I Plan to Stick Around

@DrMike wrote:

I am betting that I am considerably older than the average poster on this forum. There is just no other way to explain the anxiety that is utterly consuming so many of you. When you have lived a few more years you will come to realize what is important in life and what is not.

Disclaimer - I *AM* myself on the reserved list, so this is not a holier-than-thou thing. But come on people - chill out -it's only a freaking phone!  On the scale of 1 to 1000 of things that really matter in this world, if you get your new PHONE on Friday or Saturday or (god forbid!) even next week doesn't even rank on the list.

In truth I keep coming back to the forum not for any new info (there isn't) but just for it's entertainment value.

So true. I'm pretty sure I got a couple of years on the Dr and although I'm eager to get it on Friday if not, no big deal. Part of the fun is the anticipation leading up to getting it. And just wait till you see that status change! The reactions are going to be youtube-worthy and this thread is going to explode!

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around
haha so true... part of the process is the waiting.. although hard it's what we all love... after you get the phone ur just kinda like .. oh another phone that i will sell in 6months haha...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello nackqauck

Eveyone has their own opinions. The thing is not to ask the same thing over and over right? As for the status change while I get its exciting and all, asking when it will change twice or three times a day isn't going to change anything. Being patient for the status to change is best.

I to am waiting for the the S6 edge as i am #5 for the 64GB Black S6 edge and want it but I can wait as well. Again everyone is different. Let's all just take a breath and enjoy the time before the phone comes lol

nackquack
I've Been Here Awhile

Good point Meowmix.  There definitely isn't any real value in repeating the same question over and over.  

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@nackquack wrote:

I don't see the problem with being a little excited about a new gadget.  You're right about how unimportant a new phone is in the grand scheme of things, but the same could be said about many of the things we get excited about.  What's wrong with being excited?  

Absolutely nothing wrong with being excited. But some of the apparent anxiety levels expressed about "what number am I?" and "Will I get it on Friday or have to wait for Saturday?" etc describe an "excitement" that is totally out of proportion to the thing getting excited about.   

poetic1743
I Plan to Stick Around

Right now the most important thing in life and in this world is getting this new Galaxy S6. Babies, Marriage, girlfriend, education all sit on the back burner till I get this phone lol

#trueandroidfan

diggler649
I Plan to Stick Around

I am number 211 for a black 64gb Edge. Beat that you impatient people!!!! 

Lololololol. Smiley LOL

jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

hehe i think meowmix is #5

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I can't wait to sell my iPhone 6 64 gb

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
The only good thing about the iPhone is like Japanese cars they hold the value as well as there is lots of people wants to buy it only because it's an apple product

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

Guys don't get me wrong I bought the iPhone because I droped my galaxy s4 and decided to buy a phone easy to sell and have value on it and here we go thanks god we have lots of people that will buy the piece of crap that I have $$$$$$$$

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jeneric28

Haha yeah i am #5 for the 64GB Black S6 edge haha

jdr004
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

I'd love to get on the "STATUS" freak out train...but unfortunately I'm too stupid to know how to check this "STATUS" you all are referring to!!  LOL!!! Can someone give me a kick in the right direction?  Thanks 

jdr004
I Plan to Stick Around
Cant delete these posts eh? I did some "googling" and found the answer myself.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/reservation/370?setLanguage=en

In case others need help...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jdr004

Thank you for that! 🙂

thelord82
I Plan to Stick Around

Just out of curiosity, and I don't want to get in the freak out "status change" train, but it's about 7pm ET and my status hasn't change. Still #152 for the white 32gb S6 edge. But is there some of you guys have seen their status change?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thelord82

Mine still shows OPEN.. Again it most likely will change sometime tomorrow. Do remember as i have said this many times. Last year with the S5 mine went IN PROGRESS with most of everyone's on Wednesday night and was shipped out Thrusday night for Friday mid day delivery. So that might happen again this week

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

My Status just CHANGED!

I went from being married to divorced. My wife said she could no longer put up with this nonsense of me checking the forum over and over and over and over.....

Smiley LOL

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello DrMike

Hahahah!!!! Very nicely played 😛

poetic1743
I Plan to Stick Around

STATUS CHANGE TRAIN... ALL ABOARD!!

7:41pm April 7th 2015 ..... no change.

thelord82
I Plan to Stick Around
Hahahaha just imagine how upset some people will be if their Rogers store don't have their reserved phone Friday at 9AM sharp. They'll have to use their unacceptable 4 months old phone... I think we're facing the worst lawsuit in history guys...