cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

justin4thewin
I've Been Here Awhile

When will the Rogers variant of the S6 Edge recieve the newest version of android? Telus has announced that their variants will recieve it on March 16th.

376 REPLIES 376

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

dynot
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hi Community,

We’re working with Samsung and will be releasing Marshmallow on Android devices with additional functionality soon. The Galaxy Note 5 will be the first Android to get Marshmallow. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and other devices will get the update in the following weeks.

Please make sure you retain the original software on your Rogers Samsung device so you can enjoy all our updates. Thanks for your patience!

RogersDarrell

The problem is that the damage is done. Rogers is consistently late with updates and clearly does not feel these are of any value. For the more knowledgable customers, most will probably switch provider as I will.

Besides, it is very evident that the definition of the word "soon" has been completely lost on Rogers. These continuos apologies and thank you's for our patience are now viewed as insults by the customers you supposedly value.

By the way, I own the S6 Edge which was a flagship device last year which I paid a premium price. And now you're telling us that the update is weeks away. That is pure and simple incompetence.

Arkdom
I Plan to Stick Around
Why doesn't Rogers understand we don't want more Rogers bloat that we will most likely not use or even disable but our priority is the most upto date android and security. Rogers please release the update and add your bloat functionality as a separate app later for those that want it.

hogey
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed.  If you are not going to release updates timely at least unlock us from your roms and we will do it ourselves.

hogey
I Plan to Stick Around

I couldn't find an update with eastlink.  I just used telus and took update then switched back to rogers with the csc change.  Make sure you do a backup with smart switch first.  Then after the update you can restore everything.  Only lost bbm messages.

All the regular rogers apps all came back.

im still on the broken update that rogers released and never fixed where it delays messages from data. nice customer serivce.

well thanks to this forum i updated from the telus switch over method. no thanks to rogers. 

Tajdagreat
I've Been Here Awhile

This is ridiculous it's been over a month that the other carriers have updated those devices and even now they updating the S5.on t mobile. What the heck is going . Rogers is suppose to be a leader in the industry but yet I see them as followers . If this continues I'm going to switch to bell or telus .
The whole situation smells like socks. I'm very disappointed in rogers

FL1P
I've Been Here Awhile

The link to the OS update page says it has been moved.  I cannot locate it anywhere, does someone have the updated location?

Arkdom
I Plan to Stick Around

Arkdom
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S6 was listed as getting update May 25th on schedule but so far have not received. The schedule from Rogets is not being followed by Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Arkdom

It got pushed back to May 30th now.

dough
I Plan to Stick Around

No, it was pushed back to "summer 2016" (rolls eyes, at Rogers not you)

dough
I Plan to Stick Around

I have an old (well, not that old) Sony Xperia Z3 that my wife isn't using anymore, and I read yesterday that it will now accept Android N previews. I installed it today, works nice. No rooting required. 

FL1P
I've Been Here Awhile
Thank you

dough
I Plan to Stick Around

@FL1P wrote:

The link to the OS update page says it has been moved.  I cannot locate it anywhere, does someone have the updated location?

Yeah, Rogers is bad for that, moving pages around to new addresses. Result being that Google search results usually come up empty, the links they do provide don't work.

SwordFish99
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers can't figure out how to get VOLTE working with Marshmallow. Thats why it wasn't released when the other carriers released theirs.

dspec
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell - you mentioned the Note 5 edge, but not the s6 Edge Plus. Can you please update us on that? It changes from "end of may" to "coming soon!". At first this was suppose to be the first phone to get Marshmallow. Now it is the s5. Smiley Surprised

iankthompson
I Plan to Stick Around

For what it's worth, the old OS upgrade page has a HUGE "we've moved" icon, that if you click it, it takes you to the new one.   If you're going to be mad at them for moving the page, you really shouldn't say you can't find the new one when it's literally a click away from the old one.

I don't understand why they needed to move it in the first place, but hey... they did one thing right in it ;).  

Even if the new one is no where near as userfriendly, 

Bernatchez
I've Been Here Awhile

"Summer 2016" means nothing, knowing that summer ends in september, Rogers could't be more vague. It's the equivalent of "coming soon" as far as I am concerned, which mean in Rogers language "we don't know and don't care if our customer are waiting longer than our competitor". 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dough
MS posted that this morning thus why i gave that date. Didn't notice they changed it. Hmmm why i wonder are they waiting that long.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @SwordFish99

That may be true but it shouldn't take then that long to figure it out and fix it.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?