cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

justin4thewin
I've Been Here Awhile

When will the Rogers variant of the S6 Edge recieve the newest version of android? Telus has announced that their variants will recieve it on March 16th.

376 REPLIES 376

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

dough
I Plan to Stick Around

As of today we can no longer accuse Rogers of ignoring their updates page -- they just changed the status of the Galaxy Note 5 from getting it today to instead: "coming soon". Sad, since Telus got theirs over 3 weeks ago!

kh29
I Plan to Stick Around

aim still waiting for marshmallow 6.0.1 on my samsung galaxy s6 edge

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kh29

Many are at this moment.

Rogers why the wait?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @randycarbide

Unfortunately they won't give the answer you are looking for. They did state the update is coming but won't give a exact date.

dspec
I Plan to Stick Around

I would love someone from the press or a pr related website to contact Rogers for an official statement. The fact that they are clueless to their users needs and the impact of their silence to their reputation of Android users is beyond me at this point.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dspec

The same information will be given to them as well. It's happened before with another update a while ago and nothing was said. Only " Coming soon due to some bugs". That's all.

nitingaba
I Plan to Stick Around

Very sad that Rogers is yet to release Marshmallow for the S6 when Telus just pushed the update for the S5... Keep up the great work Rogers. 

kh29
I Plan to Stick Around

hi , i have samsung galaxy s6 edge still waiting and i chat with the rogers guys from their facebook an dthey said go to ios page.

bell got there 6.0.1 marshmallow allready and we are in may whats the hold up

MikeZola
I've Been Here Awhile
This is a joke! Still no marshmallow update for my galaxy s6. I think this is a marketing strategy for people to buy the galaxy s7 with marshmallow installed! Videotron Galaxy S6 marshmallow update came out for them why are we still waiting!

MikeZola
I've Been Here Awhile
Will be switched over to Telus as my contract is finally finish. Doesn't make sense that Telus as already came out with marshmallow on the S5 ans S6 and also bell. We spend hundreds of dollars on this Samsung devices to end up staying on older or version! Plus customer service got worse the pass year on wait time.

I got fed up as well for waiting and all you have to do is google "how to change CSC in galaxy samsung devices" then follow the instuctions in the link to change your CSC. I changed mine to Telus "TLS" it then formated the phone. I then did a software update in about device and it installed Marshmallow. After that follow the same instructions to change CSC back to Rogers "RWC". It will format and now you have marshmallow installed and everything works.

Marshmallow is so much better and faster than Lollipop.

Don't forget to backup your device before changing CSC as it will format your phone. After install to Marshmallow and change CSC to Rogers, restore from your backup.

MikeZola
I've Been Here Awhile
Don't I need to root my phone to change the CSC?

no rooting required. just follow the instructions on the page under the section "How to change CSC in Samsung Galaxy"

Tytonb
I've Been Around
Last Rogers phone I'll ever buy. Your slow update process in beyond ridiculous.

SUMMER 2016 for the S6!!! What the heck!!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @peruplay

I noticed that as well. Guess there is a issue going on? We shall see

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you see this information?

iankthompson
I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you see the Summer 2016?  I still only see dashes on the schedule.  

dspec
I Plan to Stick Around

Also don't see "summer" in the update.

As an udpate, I escalated this concern to management office are Rogers. I received a voice mail back stating that the OS and upgrade team refuses to release the update (no further information could be provided) and is working diligently with OEM and partners to ensure this is handled as quickly as possible.

So the suspect that there is a bug and Rogers is holding the release until it is fixed is probably valid. BUT I don't understand why that is a secret and not being shared with their customers. If anything, Rogers' focus on quality is commendable, but their silence and poor PR is not.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys

The new updated schedule is here. This is where you will find the new updates for it.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/message-id/1
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?