cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

justin4thewin
I've Been Here Awhile

When will the Rogers variant of the S6 Edge recieve the newest version of android? Telus has announced that their variants will recieve it on March 16th.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow Update?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

Marshmallow 6.0.1 is now available for the Samsung S6 and S6 EDGE.

Thanks so much for your patience.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

376 REPLIES 376

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @justin4thewin

Unfortunately at this moment there isn't any update on when Rogers will release that update for that device. I would highly suggest to keep a eye out on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread and when they do announce it, it will be posted on there. Here is the link

http://communityforums.rogers.com/html/assets/OSUpgrade.html

Any update when the S6/Edge/+ will receive the marshmallow update?? Rogers seems to be shipping already the S7 with marshmallow.....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @denzyl

The S7 / S7 edge come with it due as it come from the factory like that. Rogers doesnt control what updates come on a new related device..

Thanks.. But if rogers doesn't control what updates come on a new device. Why is there a delay in the update for older devices?. Samsung has already release Marshmallow to the carriers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @denzyl

When a new device is released, it comes with the new software. All manufactures do this.. It has nothing to do with the carriers. The next set of updates though go through the carriers with the exception of Nexus and iPhone.

Yes they have and unfortunately at this moment most carriers haven't released the update yet. Keep a eye out for the OS Upgrade Schedule thread to be updated.

sonyboyj
I'm an Enthusiast

Bell has said March Telus says April but Rogers has yet to say. so when is it coming. theres nothing on the OS schedule fourm. i can see Rogers being last to update.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sonyboyj

As you know since the OS Upgrade Schedule thread hasn't been updated that means there isn't much information and as u know the only time information will be available is when they do get it from the back end and be allowed to post it. Until then unfortunately there is no new information.

This is a joke. Your link is to a page showing you have no idea when any updates are coming out. 

Why don't you stop adding bloatware and just give us the update?

Telus released 4 days ago. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Mitch_

Unfortunately that is not correct. The Telus update schedule thread shows April 4th as the update being released. You can see that your self. Telus changed the date a couple days ago. I do agree that Rogers does need to put a date instead of nothing.

Aknowledged that telus moved the date. They also announced it. 

Apparently you have project delivery teams with such little confidence that you can't even set tentative deadlines. It tells the world you have poor control over your products, and comes off as irresponsible or worse, incompetent. 

Honesty and oppenness is always best.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Mitch_

I agree with you. Don't get me wrong i do because they need to start updating their post to the accurate information and give dates even if they change they still.

asudermann96
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S6 Marshmallow Update

Please post a date for release.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @asudermann96

At this moment we can not give a date as rogers has not released one. Until then there is not any info. Ill see what i can do.

EDIT - It seems like MobileSyrup is showing April 18th to be the date for the S6. The Edge will be April 14th but thats with Telus. Rogers has not posted yet. Mind u the dates can change

asudermann96
I've Been Here Awhile
OK thanks for giving me some idea of when to expect it.

Rogers is good only for selling overpriced plans nothing else,please ppl llets ditch this greedy company.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello

You can leave Rogers all you want but u will have the same issues elsewhere. I posted above the dates other carriers are saying so Rogers should follow

The only way to get updates straight from Google is to get the Nexus line or get a iPhone which isn't controlled by the carriers

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

The Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow update has been released in Korea and other contries last week, and is confirmed to be released on Sprint in the states as of yesterday. When can we expect to see this update? It is not on the update list, but it should be.

Thanks.

DrewLazz
I Plan to Stick Around

I wouldn't put too much stock into the OS Update Schedule page. It is updated very infrequently and often does not contain current information.

For example, the android M update for the G3 was listed as "Coming soon!" for four months, then just dropped without ever getting a concrete date in that schedule.

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks DrewLazz, Noted. Well I hope that is the case and it Drops very soon!

dspec
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix it's not Rogers style to be this behind all other canadian carriers. Plus complete silence from them.

What is more baffling is there is no monitoring of the community forums to he'll ease the minds of consumers who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars each with them per month.

I am concerned that this might reflect a new less consumer centric direction from Rogers. It's quite unfortunate. Samsung is probably Rogers #2 biggest seller and they've completely dropped the ball on us.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?