cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I had noticed at the begining of June the OS upgrade page said that we'd see the 5.1.1 for our phones same month and that now has changed to Coming Soon! Anyone know what hapened or why Rogers backed from releasing the update.

The memory leak on this phone is a big killer on the device, restarting and closing out apps is a bandaid fix I'd like to see go away. Any mods know if or when will see this update?

***Edited Labels***

715 REPLIES 715

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

dakota680
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep did that.Talked to a manager today and not satisfied . Does anyone know how to write to the president. Have todo that before I go to the ombudsman

Hello @dakota680

I can imagine how frustrating it must be. We can definitely troubleshoot to finding a possible resolution for your issue. Can you please confirm that the device has been updated successfully: 'Build Number Ending in BOJ7' not BO16.

Do you have any of the ineligible services/features active as listed here.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

RogersSannecia

Good Afternoon @nitingaba,

Just to confirm, are you using the Samsung Galaxy S6? Have you updated the device to the latest update ending in BOJ7?

Some users reported earlier in this thread that after performing the update, they also did a factory reset on their device and that resolved all issues.

Have you completed all these troubleshooting steps?

Let us know!

@RogersGabrielle

nitingaba
I Plan to Stick Around

Using the Galaxy S6 Edge, the latest update has been installed since the day it came out and a factory reset has been done twice. 

benny27
I Plan to Stick Around

My phone has worked terrible all weekend. I got one text 6 times!! A few of my sent texts thsi weekend said failed but were actually sending. I often don't get notifications that i even have a text. What a joke this phone is...my S3 worked way better for these things, never had any of these issues. 

Just to add it wasn't just this weekend that it did this but it was by far the worst

And yes i did the reset and have the newest build....

Hey @benny27,

Are you still having duplicated SMS? What kind of reset was done on the device?

benny27
I Plan to Stick Around

I was seeing your frustration with the SMS issues, Just a not did you try switching the phone into 4G or 3G to see if the duplication happens on different bands? Are you using VoLTE? If so Can you disable it on the device to see if SMS will go wihtout duplicating? Just trying to help the mods narrow down what might be causing it.

dlau247
I'm Here A Lot

is anyone else having issues of receving messages and emails that are connected to data usage. I sometimes dont get the notifications and have the open up the app. The notifications should be pushed but it doesn't happen. This has been getting really bad in the last 2 weeks. 

benny27
I Plan to Stick Around

@dlau247 i've been having those issues, not sure if it is connected to data usage though. I was just texting with someone and didn't get a response to a question. I went to look and of course there was a response (2 new texts) but i had no notification of it. I don't get notifications of emails either all the time. I've notice that sometimes i open up my email just to check if there is anything, close it and then a second later i get a notification that i have 5 emails.... 

I think there is something wrong with the network. I am home a lot of the time and connected to wifi and everything seems fine. Also when I come home and my phone connects to the wifi by itself all the notifications come all at once. I hope android 6.0 will fix this but it does sound like a problem on rogers end. 

a_customer
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a Galaxy S6 from Rogers and have not received an update to Android OS. I am currently on 5.1.1. Sorry if repeating anyones question but is there a date for upgrade to Android 6.xx? I see articles are now discussing Android 7x.x. 'N'.

More importanalty, I believe Google sends out monthly security updates. It would seem important to receive those updates. My phone is on security patch level 2015-11-01

The following link describes March 2016 security update. There are apparently 6 critical issues resolved. How can we not be receiving the security updates? Perhaps I am missing something. i.e. are they to be downloaded somewhere else?

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/android-security-update-march-2016-what-you-need-to-know/#ftag=Y...

JayPoel
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like we go through this with every major Android update and Rogers. Why does Canada's biggest carrier take so long to push out an update? Samsung had the update ready weeks ago. Sprint and AT&T, the major US carriers, have their S6 / S6 Edge update out but Rogers isn't even giving us an idea of when we might see it. What's the point of an OS Upgrade chart if it doesn't even show the future plans? (Only ONE device has a pending Android 6 update!)

Lulewis
I've Been Here Awhile

I am sorry this didn't answer my concern---I got a text from Rogers yesterday asking if I'm enjoying my new cell phone but I haven't received it yet??  Can you tell me where it might be if I'm supposed to have it but it hasn't arrived here yet.  Appreciate your attention on this matter.  Lu Lewis

Hi @Lulewis

Welcome to the Community!

Have you received your new device yet or are you still waiting for it? An email is sent out with a tracking number once a phone is shipped, have you received any such emails?

Thank you,

RogersZia

I'm going through the not accpetable call bug again. its annoying I cant receive calls.

Lulewis
I've Been Here Awhile
I am only wondering if my insurance is effective now on this phone & if I got a rebate from my rewards against the price of my phone?

Hi @Lulewis,

Typically rewards are redeemed at the time of hardware upgrade completion. Do you recall having a conversation about this with the rep who placed your order? You can always check the details on your next invoice or visit Rogers First Rewards website to view points balance and redemption history. 

Hopefully this helps:)

RogersZia

There are so many bugs with the S6 and there hasnt even been a fix to this thread problem. When is android M coming to fix the problem.

vkone
I've Been Around

I am having this problem!

Hi @vkone,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please clarify what issue are you experiencing?

RogersZia