cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I had noticed at the begining of June the OS upgrade page said that we'd see the 5.1.1 for our phones same month and that now has changed to Coming Soon! Anyone know what hapened or why Rogers backed from releasing the update.

The memory leak on this phone is a big killer on the device, restarting and closing out apps is a bandaid fix I'd like to see go away. Any mods know if or when will see this update?

***Edited Labels***

715 REPLIES 715

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around
Welcome to Rogers... NOBODY CARES!!! 😛

Seems that way...

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around
It would be real nice to get some kind of update as to an approximate eta. Even operating on gsm/hspa is not a full solution as this morning a conversation with a buddy started seeing the full fledged delay... Had to reset my phone to get the 10 texts he sent. At this point I will be calling customer service to get some kind of credit. I'm just waiting to see how long this goes. This is pathetic.

Gives us an update already.... Even if it's just an eta or where in the testing /implementation phase that we sit currently.

Terrible customer service.
Terrible company.

ch33rez
I Plan to Stick Around
Upgrade my contract with S6 edge 1 month ago and as soon as i turned my phone on i upgraded the software as i got the notification and since then i am having this issue first i thought its a network issue but i searched alot and found its a common problem with 5.1.1. I have a corporate account and renewed my contract for 3 yrs and i am loosing alot of business as i am not getting calls. Emailed to business account customet service but havent recieved any reaponse. Turning of LTE is not a solution and its been a month without fix update, they should have take it seriously and provide fix asap.

wootts85
I've Been Around

I have a new Samsung S6, and have been having lots of issues with service. About half of my imcoming calls get directed straight to voicemail even when I'm in a full LTE service area. I will eventually receicve a voicemail alert about half hour later. Also a lot of my incoming text messagese are delayed by over 12 hours, sometimes I will get them right away after I restart me phone. Is this a service issue or a device issue? if it keeps happening I'm going to have to try another provider. 

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around
You have to read the thread before you post lol. Yes it's a known issue.... They are apparently working on it although at this point don't expect a fix until marshmallow at the rate they are going. It's a joke.

nbstag
I've Been Here Awhile

Good to see, i go away for a week and still nothing has been accomplished or communicated by rogers

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

At the Whitecaps playoffs in downtown Vancouver last night, full bars LTE and GSM, no internet connectivity at all, no texts.ROGERS and their TERRIBLE customer service! WILL NOT FORGET THIS TIME!

Is anyone running the Telus firmware on their S6 and if so can you confirm if it's working 100%. My phone will be on that network before my contract runs out now anyways.

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell how about an answer to all the Samsung S6 customers that Rogers has screwed and are still giving the silent treatment to... it's been a month already!!! Beyond upset with Rogers!

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around
Facebook and Twitter campaign starting today and I will be relentless until Rogers speaks up and addresses this. I suggest everyone does the same, there's LOTS of posts and Ads by Rogers all over social media for new S6s and S6 Edges.

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around
Yea @RogersDarrell cmon we need something here and yes I agree with @paulwatkins making quit advertising a phone that doesn't work. I am telling everyone I can about this so I hope to do at least some kind of damage to the company. This is unacceptable.

Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

Just posted to their FB page 

"Thank you for your "great" customer service with the S6 and multiple failed updates. Thank you for leaving all us S6 users either without LTE or without the ability to not use our phone for basic phone functions for over 2 months now. Most importantly thank you for not providing us with a single real update of what is happening even though Telus has already fixed this issue as of nearly 2 weeks ago. "

https://www.facebook.com/Rogers/posts/10153831175844271

Also going to be filing a complain with the CCTS soon. The more posts we get on the Rogers page, comments and likes we get on all the posts the faster we'll get a real reply from Rogers. 

Edit: Also Paul I have not done so myself but I have talked to a few people who have installed the Telus update and it does fix all problems. 

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around
https://www.facebook.com/Rogers/videos/vb.175772339270/10153407096429271/?type=2&theater&notif_t=vid...

and I will post similarly to every new post they put out about services.

ch33rez
I Plan to Stick Around
kodoo and telus got the fix update.. rogers and fido they dont care about customers.

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around
If you can't provide the service you're billing for, then there should definitely be a REFUND for that service and it should continue until you can provide the service you're charging us for!

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around
Fully agreed. I like this posting on their Facebook page too a lot more people will come across it that way.

paulwatkins
I Plan to Stick Around
Twitter is getting very active too. I'll try and create a blog on blogger this week that can't be edited or deleted by Rogers. If this goes another month like this the CRTC should be bombarded. Pressure should be put on Rogers to take these phones back and let us out of our contracts since they are unable to fulfill it.

AccordXTC

I'm posting on Twitter as well and think we need to push this more then social media. People need to know we want to know what's going on.

No more silent treatment. 

cstl3722
I Plan to Stick Around

They delete every post on Facebook and Twitter, just to make it even more ridiculous...

eightdown
I Plan to Stick Around
So apparently, even Rogers own employees can't get their stories straight between themselves.
On twitter, one employee said they would be happy to compensate me. When I asked for explanation on how they would do so, a different employee answered and said that once the fix is out, I should get in touch with them again. Of course, this is extremely frustrating because they are still getting our money and we are getting screwed. So I asked them to explain how that's fair and was told: "Apologies for the confusion. More details will be shared tomorrow in a post in Rogers Community Forums. It should be made available right on the homepage at https://t.co/gyfAJ3NTgl - once that's up, if you have any other questions, we'll be glad to answer them for you. ^pw "
Ya, I think you misunderstood pw, I don't want answers. I WANT COMPENSATION

AccordXTC

Don't be shocked tomorrow to see the posting from Rogers saying "We're working with Samsung and our network partners to resolve it as soon as possible" I swear its like a broken record that they keep saying over and over for the last month