Samsung Galaxy S5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacquie1
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy S5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

If anyone has any advice on either of these 2 phones, that would be terrific! Right now I have an Iphone 4S and need to upgrade. My concern with the Galaxy S5 is hoping the battery is decent and hold a charge. I know many who have a Galaxy 3S & 4 and the phone doesn't charge very well! However I don't know much about the Note 3. Just looking for some help deciding between the two from people with experience. Also, if the SIM card can just be transferred from an Iphone into a Galaxy phone or if it's different. Thank you.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

Hello Jacquie1

I have had the pleasure owning both devices and i am using the S5 at the moment. Both devices have a huge battery. Note 3 has a 3200mAh battery and the S5 has a 2800mAh battery.

The Note 3 Lasted me around 16-17 hours of heavy usage where the S5 is lasting me 15-14 hours. Just an hour or so difference which in my eyes isn't anything bad. Mind you the mAh is a small difference so that's why.  Also do remember everyone uses the device differently so the times will vary with everyone.

As for the sim card, yes the Note 3 and S5 use a Micro Sim Card so you will be fine just transferring the sim card to the new device. Most devices use Micro Sim cards with the exception if 2-3 devices which use Nano sim cards so u don't need to worry. 

My recommendation is wait until September 3rd. The Note 4 will be announced then and it will have new specs and design from what i have seen in leaks. You might want that device. I am getting it for sure. If you don't really want to wait and want or need a new device now, i would highly suggest getting the S5. It's water resistant, better camera, fingerprint sensor, heart monitor sensor and other little things. They both have removable batteries as well. It would be best to go to the store and see live demos of both devices, feel them and use them for a bit to see which one you like.  You have a 30 minute / 15 day return policy if you don't like the device when you get it ( if u go over the 30 minutes within the 15 days, you can't take it back or change it) 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jacquie1

I have had the pleasure owning both devices and i am using the S5 at the moment. Both devices have a huge battery. Note 3 has a 3200mAh battery and the S5 has a 2800mAh battery.

The Note 3 Lasted me around 16-17 hours of heavy usage where the S5 is lasting me 15-14 hours. Just an hour or so difference which in my eyes isn't anything bad. Mind you the mAh is a small difference so that's why.  Also do remember everyone uses the device differently so the times will vary with everyone.

As for the sim card, yes the Note 3 and S5 use a Micro Sim Card so you will be fine just transferring the sim card to the new device. Most devices use Micro Sim cards with the exception if 2-3 devices which use Nano sim cards so u don't need to worry. 

My recommendation is wait until September 3rd. The Note 4 will be announced then and it will have new specs and design from what i have seen in leaks. You might want that device. I am getting it for sure. If you don't really want to wait and want or need a new device now, i would highly suggest getting the S5. It's water resistant, better camera, fingerprint sensor, heart monitor sensor and other little things. They both have removable batteries as well. It would be best to go to the store and see live demos of both devices, feel them and use them for a bit to see which one you like.  You have a 30 minute / 15 day return policy if you don't like the device when you get it ( if u go over the 30 minutes within the 15 days, you can't take it back or change it) 

View solution in original post

Jacquie1
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix!

Thank you very much for your help and advice!! I would like to buy one now, as my on/off button on my iphone quit working. So I'm scared if the battery runs low it'll shut off and I won't be able to turn it on again. The Galaxy S5 sounds wonderful for me I think! I've always had iphones, maybe it's time for a change and try something new! 🙂 It's nice you replied, always good to talk with someone who knows instead of just winging it! lol 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jacquie1

The one good thing about Apple is that if u have a issue with the device, you can always go to a Apple store and deal with it there.  With any other device, u need to send it in for repair or you can do the advanced exchange via tech support which will send you a refurbished model ( just like what Apple does)  and u send yours back. Other then that, the S5 is worth it! 

It's always nice to change it up and try something new! With the S5 you won't be disappointed. Every single device has issues and not one of them is perfect but you get a device which gives you more options, bigger removable battery which u can buy a second battery plus the charging pod for $49.99 ( i have the second battery on me everywhere i go just in case the original battery dies on me). I am sure you will like it and you won't have ti worry for water damage on it! I threw my S5 in wasaga and took it out and worked perfectly. IPhone can't do that lol. You can also customized the theme, you get a LED notification light, you can do many things with the S5 and Android as your OS. Also you can put a 128GB micro SD card in the S5 which gives you alot more space then the 16GB that comes with it. ( built in space is 16GB but 10GB is usable as the OS takes most of it).

You are welcome! Anytime you have a question, i or someone will be here to answer and help! 🙂