Samsung Galaxy S5 notification issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Galaxy S5 notification issue

Hi everyone, I recently reveived my S5 (feel happy with the phone, nice and fast). However, I got a question which really drove me crazy. That's the notification will still goes though the speaker even I have my headphone plugged in.

I didn't know at the beginning and that was one time I was chating with my whatsapp group on a train (most pessangers were sleeping). All a suddenly few of them started looking at me and I was like what's going on. I didn't put too much attentation and keep texting, and at the end, the guy beside me woke up as well and looked at me and my phone. then I noticed the  notification from the speaker of my phone woke up everyone, which was really embrassing.

I tried so many different methods and still not able to setup the notification only goes to my headphone if my headphone is plugged in.

Anyone can give me some advise?

Thanks,

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 notification issue

Hello Icefire

This is a issue already known to Samsung. All Samsung Galaxy devices have this issue. Had this issue, with my S3,S4,Note 3 and now S5. Changing any setting with help unless you put it on silent or Vibrate. Unfortunately the place to post this would be better on the Samsung forums or contact Samsung Canada and report it. The more that report it, the more they will look into it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Perhaps it was fixed in the update this week.   It's dated July 2014, previous for Rogers was April.  It does NOT seem to be anywhere on Roger's sites, but it is at Sammobile and I think people are having their ROM's updated automatically.  I am rooted, so I installed it manually with ODIN.

Here are the PDA and CSC versions: G900W8VLU1ANF3 G900W8OYA1ANF3

Link is here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

It would be nice if people could let us know what the changes are.  All I can see is that it has a new radio.  Nice to know if it fixed the notification, slow camera shutter speed etc. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Harry_fine

It's a small update, Rogers nor other carriers will post it due to a small update just fixing a few things as i posted in ur other thread..

It was not fixed at all with this new update. The update ONLY fixed other issues. I contacted Samsung about it ans they told me it's due to that when someone listens to music, it will help them know its a message. They did tell me they are getting lot of complaints about it.