Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xPiNKx
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Thanks Meowmix, next time I try I'll turn off android beam and s-beam
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello xPiNKx

Try and see if it works. It should work.

You are welcome!
dgkwan
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers' store is quoting me a price of $699 plus some arbitrary $50 fee that I don't recall paying when I bought my S4 without a plan. Bell and Telus don't charge the extra $50. 

Two questions:

Is the fee sanctioned by Rogers?

Is the fee waivable?

Any of your experiences with buying the phone outright would be much appreciated.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dgkwan

The driver price at the store is $699.99+ tax. Some Rogers authorized stores will price it at 699.99+tax plus $50. Depending on the store tho. When i got mine, i paid $699.99 for it plus tax. You can contact the store manager and speak to him about the $50 charge and have him show you what that charge is for.

No if the charge is legit, its not refundable and you can not waive it unless the store manager will do it under his discretion. Every store is different

dgkwan
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Did you purchase your phone as a walk-in to a brick and mortar Rogers' store or did you reserve and pick up your reserved phone at a Rogers' store? 

And if you weren't charged that $50, how do you know if the charge is legit or not?

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dgkwan

I reserved mine using the Rogers Reservation system and got it delivered to a Rogers corporate store. The same thing should happen when you are buying it via the store as a walk in.

Because i have been buying every single phone that comes out with Rogers and some stores do have this charge. Also some stores with Bell and Telus do this charge but those stores are the Authorized dealers, not the corporate stores.

If you want, as i said in my above post, contact the store manager and have them show you the Proof if it's a legit charge from them or not. They should show it to u.

missbiss137
I Plan to Stick Around

I got my phone on thursday after reserving it a few weeks ago, I never got anything extra with the phone though... was i suspoed to get anything extra for reserving? If so can I still get it?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello missbiss137

You were supposed to get the free $50 Prepaid SureTap Mastercard from Rogers. Download the SureTap on your phone and you should have gotten a SureTap sim card with your device.
missbiss137
I Plan to Stick Around

Was I supposed tof physically revive anything or does the Sim card contain the 50?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello missbiss137

The SureTap sim card should have been with the phone tapped outside the box when you got it. The SureTap sim card has the $50 on it. If you never received it, the store can't do anything. Maybe contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter @RogersHelps to see maybe they can do something for you.