Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

I just tried Firefox and it worked.

Wierd, thanks for your help!

It says I am 243 in line, is this queue by store or by Rogers?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gurdeep007

Glad it worked!. This cue is Canada Wide. So you are #243 In Canada for the Samsung Galaxy S5 when using the Rogers Reservation System! ! I moved down a spot to #10 this morning

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you

You have been more help than the 4 people I spoke with Rogers in the past 2 days.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gurdeep007

You are very welcome! Some reps have no idea about the reservation system / are new & are not trained for it so they would not know which browser / way it will work.

Glad i could have helped & if u have any other questions, do not hesitate to come and ask!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm #266 in line.  Unfortunately for the 16 GB model but I have no other choice!  Still....will beat my S3 with a broken screen!  I'm guessing there's no solid date when it will be available?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BIGTUNDRA

Not a bad number!. Yea we are only getting the 16GB model black & white sadly. It does have a Micro SD card slot in which you can get a Micro SD card up to 64GB & put everything on that.

Rumors are flying around for April 11th being the official release date for carriers BUT no solid date from Rogers yet. This can come within the next couple of weeks.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

April 11th is the official international launch date but there is no confirmation if Canada is included in this first launch. Typically North America gets the phone 1-2 weeks after Europe but this time some US carriers have confirmed the April 11th launch date. Just hope that we are a part of the initial 150 countries! It will be sometime in April for sure though. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nitin

That is true BUT mobilesyrup did say that it could be the official launch date for us as well. If not we could see it exactly like last year. Reservations get it 1 week before the official launch to the public. Mostly we will get it during April tho
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Are you guys going to bring the 32GB Galaxy S5? I hope so because everytime you bring a phone is always the base 16GB with basically no options to upgrade. The S4 was actually taken half of its memory just on pre-installed apps.

I am considering to get the S5 with the 32GB. If you guys are not bringing that option, can I still order it with my 2yr agreement?

PLEASE Rogers get the 32GB.

Just so you know the US carriers does carry them just in case customers want to upgrade.

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Antonya

No. No Canadian carrier will bring a 32GB Galaxy S Model. Samsung Canada has pulled the plugs on it, not Rogers. Samsung Canada pulled it after the poor sales of the S3 32GB. They decided ita best to have the 16GB model which comes with a Micro SD card slot. The S4 and S5 will only come with 16GB on board memory. You will need to contact Samsung Canada and talk to them and share your thoughts with them.

No Canadian carrier will have the 32GB model. US has nothing to do with Rogers.  Their carriers have 10% more customers then the Canadian one which they have a higher demand.  Even they are saying how the 32GB model is expansive and barely sells compared to the 16GB model. 

You can only reserve the 16GB model in either Black or white. You can contact Samsung Canada and address this a issue if u like as i have told many others to do the same.